Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 job offers. which one to take?

Options
  • 18-03-2017 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,
    I am sitting with the best problem you can have.
    I got offered 2 great jobs. Am i choosing the right one though? i cant make up my mind and your advice would be a huge value.

company nr 1: well known company with good products.
    Would look great to have in my cv. pays 36k base and 25k extra if i hit targets in bonus a year, 25 days holiday plus one week extra for Christmas and new years each year. 1200 euro to spend quarterly on healthcare. Free breakfast,lunch and snacks, gym.
    I also helped my best friend to get a job in this company and she would probably be upset if i left this one although its my decision in the end. The company seems to have a fun environment.

Company nr 2: Less known company but with a great product. New starting project so i would be able to create the environment around me. It seems like a "less fun environment" however the boss seem really cool. Salary 46k and Bonus 31k if i hit targets. first 3 month guaranteed bonus paid out. 23 days holidays a year. Free breakfast, no lunch , snacks.

company 1 seems more like a "google environment" while company 2 is more of a "Microsoft" environment.

Reason why i have been thinking about company 1 is that they have free food so i dont have to cook each day, free gym and fun environment. While company 2 is all about the money. Its a hard one. Any good advice's on this choice?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Personally I'd go with option 2. At the end of the day option 1 is still work and when you actually work there has the potential to be as stressful as option 2. I'd go with the better money and buy my own food.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

The bonus, by the very definition is not guaranteed, so take that out of the equation and focus on the other stuff. It's now down to a difference of €10k a year and lunch every day.

Factor in enjoyment of your job, because that's worth something also.

Advertisement