Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards/Security Operation in Dublin (Patrick's Day)

Options
  • 18-03-2017 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭

It's been pretty pleasant in the city over the last two Paddy's days. If the guards would allocate a fraction of the 1100 they did yesterday the city would be transformed. I mean all it would take is 20-30 (even less) guards to be around Temple Bar, O'Connell Street and around Luas stops to clean the city up and prevent a lot of trouble and make people feel a lot safer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭boobycharlton

Would require way more resources/funding than AGS have. Sometimes only 5 or 6 covering a district including guards on station/jailer duties

I've never felt unsafe in Dublin City centre either by the way. Not as if random people are being violently attacked on a daily basis in the CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Would require way more resources/funding than AGS have. Sometimes only 5 or 6 covering a district including guards on station/jailer duties

I've never felt unsafe in Dublin City centre either by the way. Not as if random people are being violently attacked on a daily basis in the CC.

Not felt unsafe strictly either however lack of presence is a joke with major anti social problems. Put it this way I would feel safer if there was a better presence.

They are well able to find resources to table gangland (I some they received some extra funding) but you have to wonder if they have even discussed city policing in general wtih various parties. I feel more safe in London even if I didn't see a police officer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Not as if random people are being violently attacked on a daily basis in the CC.

But they are.

Yes OP, the guards done a great job on Paddy's day again (Templebar).

I work security on a nightclub door in Templebar, have done since late 90's so I can talk with a lot of experience.

Policing methods have changed for the better, but only for that one day alone. However its the day when we showcase the area to tourists/visitors so I get it too.

Paddy's used to be the day most of us (bouncers/security) would dread, but in the last three years I've hardly seen any real trouble.

AGS done (again) another great job in Templebar on Paddy's day.

Advertisement