Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buffalo milk in Dublin?

Options
  • 18-03-2017 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭

A bit of a long shot, but does anyone know if or where I could get buffalo milk in Dublin? I'm going to try my hand at making mozzarella. If it can't be got I'll use decent organic cows milk, but the buffalo would make it something else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The only two making Mozerrella TMK are the two Cork dairies, Toonsbridge and Macroom.
    Macroom have their own herd. Don't know where Toonsbridge source their's ATM, may be imported. He was talking of developing his own herd.

It took them a good while to get it right. There needs to be a 2:1 ratio of fat to protein in the milk. The buffalo on a diet of grass in Ireland were not producing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Water John wrote: »
    The only two making Mozerrella TMK are the two Cork dairies, Toonsbridge and Macroom.
    Macroom have their own herd. Don't know where Toonsbridge source their's ATM, may be imported. He was talking of developing his own herd.

It took them a good while to get it right. There needs to be a 2:1 ratio of fat to protein in the milk. The buffalo on a diet of grass in Ireland were not producing this.

Knew it was a long shot! Cows milk it is, so.

Advertisement