Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam / Phishing emails

Options
  • 18-03-2017 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭

I've got two recent emails from Eir, that say they are bills for my account. Both had attachments of receipts, and came from two different addresses.

I haven't been an Eir customer for two years. I can send if needed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi trixiebust,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience. This may be a scam email.

If you could please PM your account number from when you were a customer with us and your full name I can have a look into this for you.

Apologies,
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

I don't have my account details anymore. Not been an Eir customer for two years.
    These have been arriving to my Eir e-mail, I've got three in the last few weeks. One was caught in the spam filter, for some reason the other the weren't.
    I've got one from Tesco too, who confirmed that one was a scam.
    All different amounts, and obviously not from Eir. Will screenshots of the mails through PM do ?

Hi trixiebust,

Yes, if you could please PM the emails and I can have a look into this.

Thanks,
    Anna.

For some reason I can't attach via PM. I'm getting more & more of these recently, never in my gmail account I use. But loads through Eir email.

Here's three...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

trixiebust wrote: »
    For some reason I can't attach via PM. I'm getting more & more of these recently, never in my gmail account I use. But loads through Eir email.

Here's three...
    [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
    Hi Trixiebust,[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Thank you for providing me with those screenshots. I can advise that these emails are phishing emails and I would recommend that you do not click into any internal links that are within this email.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I will make sure that these emails are passed onto the relevant department. If you would like to click here you can read more on phishing. [/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Thanks, [/font]
    [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Leanne. [/font]

• Advertisement

Thank you. Is there no way to stop these ? As I've said the gmail account I use never gets them. My Eir e-mail is always receiving them.

I'm afraid not. My best recommendation would be to mark all of these emails as spam.

Unfortunately, we would have no way of blocking them completely.

I do apologise for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Anna.

Advertisement