Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting rid of a chalet

Options
  • 18-03-2017 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

hi all
    we are buying a house with a pretty big chalet in the back garden. it is about 5m x 7m and takes up a lot of the garden. we would prefer to grass in its place for the kids so i'm wondering if it is possible to take it apart and sell it on or would there even be a market for this?? worst case scenario i'd chop it into firewood but there's a lot there!
    i've no proper photos as we're still at sale agreed but hoping to have some in the near future

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭leonffrench

Congratulations on the house. I'd say you could definately sell it. Is it decent condition. I'd buy it myself but I'm too far away always wanted a chalet out the back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

thanks leon, yeah it seems in grand nick but its just not practical for us with kids. only have a photo from the front of it (from daft) but its really long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

Great play house for all the wet days, when kids friends come over, when your friends come over ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Take the back off it, shorten the sides/roof/floor and put the rear back on so it doesn't take up too much garden. Then insulate it and use it as a garden Room, gym, office, play room etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,519 ✭✭✭✭ted1

bungaro79 wrote: »
    thanks leon, yeah it seems in grand nick but its just not practical for us with kids. only have a photo from the front of it (from daft) but its really long

It's perfect for kids, they can use it 12 months if the year as their den and are and crafts room.

Don't rush into it , keep it for 12 months and then reassess it.
    Guaranteed You will regret getting rid of it, remove the plants and grass the area and the kids will have space to play outside for the 3 months when it's good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

thanks for all the replies! we won't be in a position to get rid of it at the very beginning anyway by the looks of things as any extra cash will be put into other more urgent things. i do like the idea of trimming it back if that is possible, i will have to try and get a photo from the side though as you can see how long it is then!

Advertisement