Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice..Makeup artist for hair salon

Options
  • 19-03-2017 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm looking for some advice
    I'm a hair salon owner and I'm thinking of renting a space for a makeup artist
    I'm not sure of rates and such and whether to pay a wage or rent the space
    Is there any makeup artist working in a salon that could advice me or salon owners please
    This is a new angle for me so any advise would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

If you're going to pay a wage then you'll have to supply the makeup which would be a huge expense starting out. You could charge by the day/week or ask for a % of each treatment she does

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Moocoo

If you're going to pay a wage then you'll have to supply the makeup which would be a huge expense starting out. You could charge by the day/week or ask for a % of each treatment she does

Thanks
    I was hoping not to supply the stock ...the person I have in mind is only starting out and isn't in a position to rent
    So I don't know what other options I have if she's using her own products ..
    It's experience for her and hoping to being more business to the salon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

If she's using her own stock your options are to charge her by the day (maybe) or take % of what she does.
    E.G. 30 euro for a makeup, take 33%
    Downside is if she's not busy you also lose out. You could charge her say 40 per day either, least that way you're guaranteed your money even if she's not busy

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Dee5

Normally it would work on a percentage split 60/40 to whoever is supplying the products if you wanted to go down a percentage route.
    This means the person is self employed so needs to be registered etc make sure they have insurance if they are working on this basis. HTH

Advertisement