Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dorothy Perkins - how are they for sizing?

• 19-03-2017 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

It's been years since I shopped in Dorothy Perkins. I'm browsing online and there's a few nice things coming up there. A few dresses. There's two I'm liking very much. The style - fit and flare and Ithink will suit me. Size 20, apple shape here. The material is good too at 96% cotton and 4% elastin. I prefer natural fibers. The price is good too.

How are they for sizing? There is a DP shop in my city and it's been years since I was there but I reckon the stock in the shop would be limited or there's more online if that makes sense.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I think their sizing is similar to that of Penneys - a bit on the bigger side compared to other high street places.
    Pretty sure you can click and collect, so could you order what you're interested in online and just buy what works, if anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭scarbouro

I find their sizes generous enough. I like buying skater dresses as I'm pear shaped and im also pregnant at the moment. I bought a few normal dresses in a size up and they fit perfectly. Plenty of room in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Where do your normally shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Thank you for your lovely replies.

Pennies is a bit hit and miss so I'd be wary ordering online after reading that. Then I read Scarbouro's post and I'm conflicted. I might take a gamble later in the week.

Miaireland wrote: »
    Where do your normally shop?

I used to shop in Debenhams some years ago. Then it was tesco clothing but tesco F and F online stopped with Ireland. I now shop in a mixture of shops - oxendales and next mainly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭scarbouro

I definitely wouldn't compare their sizes with Penny's. Like you, I would struggle sometimes with the Penny's sizes. I find theu can be a bit on the small side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I find their sizes are similar to next for tops anyway. They are slightly bigger than next with skirts in my experience. I didn't know Tescos had stopped shipping to Ireland. It is a pity, they used to have some lovely everyday wear.

Miaireland wrote: »
    I find their sizes are similar to next for tops anyway. They are slightly bigger than next with skirts in my experience. I didn't know Tescos had stopped shipping to Ireland. It is a pity, they used to have some lovely everyday wear.

Yeah, I loved tesco F and F clothing. The .ie isn't there anymore and you'd have to order from their English site. I haven't ordered from them since they stopped with Ireland. It's a pity.

scarbouro wrote: »
    I definitely wouldn't compare their sizes with Penny's. Like you, I would struggle sometimes with the Penny's sizes. I find theu can be a bit on the small side.

Thank you so much. I might take a gamble at the weekend and order a dress from Dorothy Perkins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I find them true to size and nothing like Penneys at all, Penneys is a nightmare for sizing.

I've bought bits from DPs since Xmas, in my usual size (10) and they fit perfectly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement