Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial insurance - can I drive other cars?

• 19-03-2017 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I took out a comprehensive commercial policy with Allianz last week. They are closed now so can't check with them if I would be insured to drive other cars. This would have been the case previously with my car policy.

Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭911s

gooner99 wrote: »
    Hi.

I took out a comprehensive commercial policy with Allianz last week. They are closed now so can't check with them if I would be insured to drive other cars. This would have been the case previously with my car policy.

Anyone know?
    Almost certain that commercial policy won't have
    third party extension to drive other cars, got caught out before when transferring car no claims to van policy. Recently some Insurance companies have a policy that allows you to drive other vans, but not for cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

Thought as much. I'm also a named driver on my wifes car policy. I guess that wouldn't cover me to drive other cars either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

All information explaining what you're covered to drive is on your insurance certificate.
    Check there.

CiniO wrote: »
    All information explaining what you're covered to drive is on your insurance certificate.
    Check there.

Yeah, problem is I haven't received it yet and their closed since Thursday.

Looked at my wife's comprehensive car policy with Allianz. She is the main driver and I am the named driver. Under driving other cars it states that only the main driver is covered to drive other cars, not the named drivers.

• Advertisement

Managed to log in to my commercial policy online. Nothing there about driving other vehicles. So safe to say I'm not covered.

Advertisement