Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card charged twice..

Options
  • 19-03-2017 1:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Hi i was out last night and wanted to pay for drinks with my card (dumb idea i know) the transaction failed a few times basically i  attempted to pay 2/3 times before it was accepted on the clubs machine, is there any way i can get my money back?? also will it charged more than twice the woman behind the counter tried the contactless aswell..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Cupatae wrote: »
    Hi i was out last night and wanted to pay for drinks with my card (dumb idea i know) the transaction failed a few times basically i  attempted to pay 2/3 times before it was accepted on the clubs machine, is there any way i can get my money back?? also will it charged more than twice the woman behind the counter tried the contactless aswell..
    Hi Cupatae, thanks for getting in touch I hope you had a nice weekend.

If these extra amounts were taken from your account then they would usually be reversed automatically, sometimes this can take up to 5 working days.

Have you checked your account this morning to see if the transactions are still there?

Thanks
    Nicola

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

If these extra amounts were taken from your account then they would usually be reversed automatically, sometimes this can take up to 5 working days.

Have you checked your account this morning to see if the transactions are still there?

Thanks
    Nicola
    Hi Nicola, thanks for the reply.. yeah just checked there both charges still there..she tried contactless aswell so im waiting to see if i get charged that way aswell.. should i just wait out the 5 days or so and see if it sorts itself out? what should i do if its still there after 5 days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Thanks
    Nicola
    Hi Nicola, thanks for the reply.. yeah just checked there both charges still there..she tried contactless aswell so im waiting to see if i get charged that way aswell.. should i just wait out the 5 days or so and see if it sorts itself out? what should i do if its still there after 5 days?
    Thanks for getting back to me Cupatae, yes it would be best to wait as these amounts would usually be returned automatically. If after the 5 days they are still showing on your transactions let me know and we can investigate further.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement