Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fuse blown in car. Hard wired components not working.

• 19-03-2017 1:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

In the middle of a long trip, my OH and I noticed that the USB charger for my phone which was plugged into the cigarette lighter, had stopped working. We tested the socket by putting the lighter in and it didn't work. He also has Bluetooth and a dash cam hardwired into the car and they have stopped working.
    The radio still works. The lights work and there is no problem with the ignition.

Are we looking at a hefty bill to replace the fuse?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭enumbers

If you let us know what car it is we should be able to help you locate and replace the fuse. It sounds like you have to many units taking of the supply to the original cig lighter

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Pipetool

What type of car is it ? Location for lighter fuse will be show in your owners handbook & there's usually spare fuses in the fuse box so it wont cost anything to replace yourself - it's very easy. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Pipetool

Got there before me enumbers :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Octavian Pepper

It's a 1.4L. Peugeot 207 HDI.

Dash cam and Bluetooth are hardwired, so they're not connected to the cigarette lighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,485 ✭✭✭TheChizler

A new fuse will cost you 30 cent to fit yourself. The most difficult thing is locating it. Your car service manual will have the location of the cigarette lighter fuse. Use a needle nose pliers to extract it and you'll see if it's blown or not.

• Advertisement

It's a 1.4L. Peugeot 207 HDI.

Dash cam and Bluetooth are hardwired, so they're not connected to the cigarette lighter.

most likely they are hard wiried to the supply for the cig lighter which is why they have all failed at the one time

think fuse for it should be in the the glovebox fuse box n9

Advertisement