Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silverlight plugin-watching eirsport

Options
  • 19-03-2017 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

I have a laptop running windows Vista.

I usually watch the football on eirsport website(on Firefox browser) but today I got the following message:

Sorry, your browser is currently not supported, you must use IE11 for Windows PCs or Safari for MacOS. Users of Firefox v52 and above will no longer be able to stream eirSport content due to the browsers withdrawal of support of the Silverlight plugin.

I do not think IE11 supports Vista.
    What can I do?
    Is the only option to upgrade operating system
    or possibly get a new laptop or is there another workaround?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Firstly running Vista today is pretty poor if you're doing anything online. Probably good that you got the nudge.

IE9 is latest for Vista, so thats out.
    Firefox are changing their plugins over a Chrome compatible standard, thus the loss of Silvershíte.
    Obviously this means Chrome doesnt support it either

Eir really really shouldnt be using a dead standard, but the simplest solution is to jump on the windows 10 bandwagon.

Advertisement