Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wintry spell with Snow and Ice warnings week of 20-3-17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Rain with some sleet now in the mix in D14. So close yet so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Sticking to grass and cars out there. Moderate enough fall. +1.1c and -0.1cDP. Winds hovering between NW and NE 6mph gusting 12mph.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Snow on car tops in Castletroy, Limerick. Light snow falling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

Can't sleep! Snow still coming down at a decent pace and sticking everywhere now. 0.2c and all continues to slowly fall. Roads shall be interesting in the morning. More precip building around Wicklow and moving Northwest

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Delightfully rainy in firhouse. Not a sign of the white pox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Hammering it down... everywhere white with about 2cm on the grass. 0.6c with a -0.4cDP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

Last post tonight. Snow continues to fall and accumulate on all surfaces. Recently went sub zero. Renewed heavy snow pushing Northwest from Wicklow to Kildare and maybe parts of south Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭tiegan

Snowing hard in Fethard Co Tipp. Huge Flakes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Very heavy rain hammering against the window S.Dub 260m. Kids will be devo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Latest guidance suggests this may begin to extend further west during the day, so will be adding Cork, Limerick and south Clare to the alert. Low pressure will continue to drift around near the southeast coast but will also form a secondary centre to the south of Cork. This has potential to be quite heavy inland at any elevation. The trend may weaken for central Leinster while picking up in Munster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Nothing but heavy rain here.

4.4C

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Nothing but rain in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Heaviest snowfall in years, but that wouldn't be hard in north east Kilkenny.
    Haven't measured as I have not yet ventured out.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭sparkledrum

Not a drop of snow in Cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

1.2C in Naas and rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

3 to 4 inches of heavy wet snow lying here North Kilkenny laois border. Travelling on back roads impossible and tree branches down too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

snow falling in cork city:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yep...snow falling nicely in Bishopstown, Cork. Not a chance of it sticking though thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Yes, heavy snow in Mountmellick. Slieve Bloom effect no doubt. I would imagine 2 inches of wet snow. And falling heavily now too.
    I imagine unnecessary long commutes are, well, unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Buried in snow near Roscrea... well 5cm on the roof of the car, still snowing.

https://twitter.com/2LhasaApsos/status/844446957120733184

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Big fluffy flakes Cork City! Don't know why I wasn't expecting this! :-O

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Fairly heavy just out side Whitechurch in Cork. Sticking too. But we're 400m asl iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Blissfully bare mountains out here in West Connemara. A slight scraping of frost atop the highest peaks and a wind that would scorch the skin off you with its icy blast. SHIVERS! Even the dog is not happy out there

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Fairly heavy just out side Whitechurch in Cork. Sticking too. But we're 400m asl iirc.

'Tis snowing alright in cork and I've cousins out Whitchurch way. They always used to get snow better than us city folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Blizzard like conditions west laois but not really settling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Cork is the only airport to have a snow "warning" (even if for <1 cm) this morning. Wind warnings for Dublin too.

EICK AD WRNG 01 VALID 220530/221000 SNOW FBL < 1CM FCST =

EIDW AD WRNG 02 VALID 220500/221500 SFC WIND NE 25-30KT MAX 40-45 FCST =

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kiely182

2 inchs here in west waterford first post so cant put up any pics

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Snowing heavily in Thurles with an accumulation of about 3 inches so far. Treacherous roads

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

3.9c and rising here in West Clare this morning, so I won't be taking much notice of MT's forecast :)

I wonder did anywhere get even marginally close to ME's forecast of -3/-4 last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Snowing in Cork and 0c at 7:30

Advertisement