Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long do accounts stay open?

Options
  • 19-03-2017 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi there, i opened a third level account in 2007 and last used it in '08. I am moving back for postgraduate study this autumn and wondering if there's a chance the account is still open? 

If it is still open, I haven't my card or cheques, so I don't know if it would be easier to use the old account or start a new one. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/branch-locator/
    BlowInYank wrote: »
    Hi there, i opened a third level account in 2007 and last used it in '08. I am moving back for postgraduate study this autumn and wondering if there's a chance the account is still open?

If it is still open, I haven't my card or cheques, so I don't know if it would be easier to use the old account or start a new one.

Hi BlowInYank, thanks for getting in touch.

If the account hasn’t had any transactions in the past 3 years then it will become inactive. If the account had a zero balance it’s possible that it may already be closed.

When you move back you can call into one of our branches to check if your account is still open, you can find a list of our branches here.

If you bring along photo ID such as your passport or drivers licence and proof of address (recent bill or bank statement) then we’ll be able to reactivate the previous account, or if it’s been closed then you’ll be able to open a new account.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need anything else, thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement