Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What maximum thickness of internal insulation can I use?

• 19-03-2017 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

My house is a split level 3 storey detached house, built in 2006.
    The top two floors are timber frame and no problem. In fact, they can become too hot.
    The ground floor has the back wall against the soil. The other walls are exposed.
    The room is much cooler in summer (nice) but is much too cold in winter. I think the inner leaf is laid on flat with probably 60mm polystyrene in the cavity.
    I had the cavity pumped with Walltite last year. I got the impression that this insulation would flow and fill all existing cavities.
    However, the main room is still cold and i need to do something.
    EWI is out because of the floors above.
    Wondering what is the maximum thick of internal insulation I can use. I was going to put one layer over another because the room is huge.
    Does a BER assessor need to do the whole house or can he just assess this room on the ground floor.

Advertisement