Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Credit Card IN Australia

Options
  • 19-03-2017 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

When using CREDIT CARD in AU I have filled in the on-line notification giving the dates of departure & return. (2 Weeks ) There will be money in the CREDIT CARD so hopefully I wont be purchasing goods on it. Just using it to draw out cash that I will have in before I go.  I want to check do I  need to ring the bank.  Last thing I want is my credit card to be blocked. Also I intend putting an AU sim card in my mobile phone so I will not be contactable at my Irish number. Thanks a mill for your help!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

hillbloom wrote: »
    When using CREDIT CARD in AU I have filled in the on-line notification giving the dates of departure & return. (2 Weeks ) There will be money in the CREDIT CARD so hopefully I wont be purchasing goods on it. Just using it to draw out cash that I will have in before I go.  I want to check do I  need to ring the bank.  Last thing I want is my credit card to be blocked. Also I intend putting an AU sim card in my mobile phone so I will not be contactable at my Irish number. Thanks a mill for your help!!
    Hi hillbloom, thanks for getting in touch.

Once you've already submitted travel notice online there's no need to call, we'll put a note on your card with your travel plans. If you need to call us while you're away please call +3531 4044000 and you can get us on Twitter 24/7 @talktoboi

Hope you have a nice trip, maybe bring us back some sunshine with you when you come back :)

Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Thank you for prompt reply Nicola.  Do I get an e-mail notification  to confirm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

hillbloom wrote: »
    Thank you for prompt reply Nicola.  Do I get an e-mail notification  to confirm.
    Hi hillbloom, you won't get an email to confirm but the travel notice will be saved in your sent items. Once you've sent us the travel details we'll note this on the card within 24 hours.

Have a good trip, thanks.
    Nicola

Advertisement