Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc External Bell Tamper

Options
  • 19-03-2017 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

Hi all just looking for a bit of advice sister has a Hkc Securewatch system installed in the house.

Problem is since this morning the alarm is going off with a fault for tamper external bell and driving her nuts it could go an hour or two then just out of the
    blue.
    Panel is engineered locked and the guys who installed are not available for a call out until Tuesday.
    I cant get up to the unit today and just wonder if it goes off again what are my options by the way i am a qualified sparks so isolating the supply is not a problem just want a bit of guidance if i have to go at the panel .

Any replies would be great many thanks in adavance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

crasy dash wrote: »
    Hi all just looking for a bit of advice sister has a Hkc Securewatch system installed in the house.

Problem is since this morning the alarm is going off with a fault for tamper external bell and driving her nuts it could go an hour or two then just out of the
    blue.
    Panel is engineered locked and the guys who installed are not available for a call out until Tuesday.
    I cant get up to the unit today and just wonder if it goes off again what are my options by the way i am a qualified sparks so isolating the supply is not a problem just want a bit of guidance if i have to go at the panel .

Any replies would be great many thanks in adavance:)

It could be a number of things.

Loose lid, bell moved and tamper not closed properly, loose connection, corroded tamper switch, issue with cable.

If you had a 4k7 resistor you could put this across the BHO and tamper return in the panel. Leave the BHO connected but remove the return cable.

This will stop the panel seeing the fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Cheers for the swift reply have a 4k7 resistor will call her later and see if its behaving itself.

Excuse the ignorance but if I have to go at the panel I assume I power it down enter the code remove the cover and then make sure the tamper sw on the panel itself is made when finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

crasy dash wrote: »
    Cheers for the swift reply have a 4k7 resistor will call her later and see if its behaving itself.

Excuse the ignorance but if I have to go at the panel I assume I power it down enter the code remove the cover and then make sure the tamper sw on the panel itself is made when finished.

If you are ok working with electricity you will be fine but if you do power it off the back up battery will keep the system active.

When you open the panel put in your user code to turn the alarm.

When you fit the resistor and close up the lid this will clear the faults.

Advertisement