Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWX: Hogwarts goes to war

Options

Comments

Don't get me wrong, I think #FFA is a good idea. Not just tonight.

It's a lottery either way as there 16/17 goodies, 3/4 baddies and 1 SK (also baddies) so the odds of taking one of our own out is shortest.

There is 7 maybe 8 good roles so random secret voting has a good chance of killing one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Anyway then scattergun approach tbh, what good will looking back at day 1 votes and seeing say 20 people having voted 10 others say. Also in hidden voting always a risk killing a roled player

But what will day 1 votes tell us about anything later on, noone has any info to go on so which ever option we choose is a scattergun approach?

There's a risk of hitting a roled player no matter what approach we take to lynch, if we end up racing one roled villager against an NRV then there's a 50/50 chance they'll get hit, if they come out to save themselves they'll look wolfey and they get munched in the morning anyway if we do FFA the same is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

So, apart from wondering why I'm being suspected, I'm a bit confused on the voting. I think I get the race idea...two names are picked by consensus and people pick one or the other, right?

But the FFA is confusing me a bit. Does everyone pick three people and then the person who shows up in the most lists get lynched? Or do people just list three people and then make their final vote only from that three?

EMF2010 wrote: »

But the FFA is confusing me a bit. Does everyone pick three people and then the person who shows up in the most lists get lynched? Or do people just list three people and then make their final vote only from that three?

In theory we then all vote for the person who appears in most FFA lists

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

So, apart from wondering why I'm being suspected, I'm a bit confused on the voting. I think I get the race idea...two names are picked by consensus and people pick one or the other, right?

Everybody gives three names AND their reasons.
    A few hours before lynch closes, somebody colates the date and picks the two or three (whatever is agreed) with the most votes, and they're raced.
    Everybody, regardless of their original FFA choices votes for one of the two or three being raced, but they keep schtum about who they're voting for so the wolves don't bandwaggon together.

• Advertisement

But what will day 1 votes tell us about anything later on, noone has any info to go on so which ever option we choose is a scattergun approach?

There's a risk of hitting a roled player no matter what approach we take to lynch, if we end up racing one roled villager against an NRV then there's a 50/50 chance they'll get hit, if they come out to save themselves they'll look wolfey and they get munched in the morning anyway if we do FFA the same is possible.

If we are possibly lynching a wolf there will be info to be garnered later especially if a race is tight. If its 2 villagers it will tell us nothing.

If we go scattergun it 100% tells us nothing later, plus we might kill a role.

Option 1 looks much better to me of the 2.

people dont always look wolfy if the role claim when getting lynched, and as you said if they dont get munched in a day or 2 you can lynch them then

quickbeam wrote: »
    Everybody gives three names AND their reasons.
    A few hours before lynch closes, somebody colates the date and picks the two or three (whatever is agreed) with the most votes, and they're raced.
    Everybody, regardless of their original FFA choices votes for one of the two or three being raced, but they keep schtum about who they're voting for so the wolves don't bandwaggon together.

forget what I said, this is the right thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ya. But i agree with mama tbh. Its to early to have enough on 3 people

ffa rarely gets used as no one can be arsed organising it :pac:

dam lazy villagers

If we are possibly lynching a wolf there will be info to be garnered later especially if a race is tight. If its 2 villagers it will tell us nothing.

If we go scattergun it 100% tells us nothing later, plus we might kill a role.

Option 1 looks much better to me of the 2.

people dont always look wolfy if the role claim when getting lynched, and as you said if they dont get munched in a day or 2 you can lynch them then

ok so you don't want a random vote, what do you want to do, a race?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

i've been wondering the same thing EMF, but i had taken it that your ffa1 was the one you vote for and after the lynch, everyone gets to see who everyone voted for anyhow, so to shake trees and make it interesting, everyone needs to name another 2 players that you also have to defend your decision for making.

ok so you don't want a random vote, what do you want to do, a race?

Ya we have a few names popping about today so why not race them?

And have we ever really successfully analysed voting patterns after the fact, and spotted a wolf that way?

Our biggest issue, that we want to avoid, is lynching a goodie.

After that, if votes are overwhelming for one, or scattered among us all, is a lesser concern. IMO.

sKeith wrote: »
    i've been wondering the same thing EMF, but i had taken it that your ffa1 was the one you vote for and after the lynch, everyone gets to see who everyone voted for anyhow, so to shake trees and make it interesting, everyone needs to name another 2 players that you also have to defend your decision for making.

Na we use the #FFA1 / FFA2 to denote the game day, so when you're trying to put together the results you can search the thread for the right #

quickbeam wrote: »
    And have we ever really successfully analysed voting patterns after the fact, and spotted a wolf that way?

Our biggest issue, that we want to avoid, is lynching a goodie.

After that, if votes are overwhelming for one, or scattered among us all, is a lesser concern. IMO.

we did in earlier games with 1 wolf team but with 2 wolf teams it rarely matters as votes are split, having 1 team makes a difference

i clearly took it up all wrong. lol. confusing stuff this ffa.

who first suggested the FFA we should lynch them for confusing things and not offering to organise it :D

Ya we have a few names popping about today so why not race them?

cos, I don't trust any of the people who are offering up the names today, and I don't trust anyone offering up the race idea on the grounds that a random vote will kill a roled villager.

Only time I remember FFA properly working was the game where the wolves selected their own 3rd player. Think it was that game.

Well it worked in the sense that we listed 3 players we would have chosen and went from there.

I'll vote by the method chosen by the majority. If we decide what method we are using be 6, that gives us 4 hours to hash out who to lynch.

Just to add, I'm for blind vote still.

• Advertisement

we could thank the posts of the method we are in favor of to get a tally, post another method and it'll be thanked by those who favor it, then we pick most thanked method at 6.

with strawberrys post above being the blind vote favor post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

who first suggested the FFA we should lynch them for confusing things and not offering to organise it :D

The original ffa idea came from Jayop a good few games back.

Hes dead though so we cant lynch him...

(We'll we could but it would be a bit gratuitous/overkill :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I've done an early vote but open to change depending on how things develop. Have only really scanned the last few hours worth of posts so will need to go back later and read in more detail.

As I did say before, i think we need to race or do FFA. As Mick points out, the voting patterns in this game, with only one wolf team, are back into sharper focus and while they won't tell us much on day 1 or 2, they can be quite valuable later in the game.

If it's a race - I'd go with the Andy GUFC proposal.

My FFA in no particular order is:

FFA#1
    1. GUFC
    2. Andy
    3. Mahamageehad

I think Andy is either good or a wolf or he wouldn't put himself in the limelight (i.e. I think he's a wolf or an NRV. A roled villager, IMO, wouldn't hang themselves out in such a spotlight at such an early stage).

My hunch, and it is just that, is that Andy is a wolf, who knows, given past experiences, he isn't going to be in the game for too long, so is instead doing level best to buy an extra day for him and allow his team get another villager/SK.

GUFC, hasn't shown up too much unusual bar a couple of things (will try find them later and post them) but if Andy turns out to be a villager (roled or otherwise) I'd be happy to consider his judgment (while not infallible) to have seen something worth seeing.

Mahamageehad has had a few very confused posts which might be just genuine day 1 confusion but could also be a wolf/sk tripping over themselves trying to look like they are confused or trying to ensure a good story to keep the damp fur scent away from us.

plenty more hours for it all to turn though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Na we use the #FFA1 / FFA2 to denote the game day, so when you're trying to put together the results you can search the thread for the right #

I didn't realise the significance of the 1/2/3 etc lol.

I don't think I have ever done it right then.

Okay, I've placed a vote for for Andy, regardless of whether he's in a race or not.

It's one thing making accusations in an attempt to stir reactions, it's another to be so certain on another player for reasons that are circumstantial at best. I don't trust such certainty.

It's a preliminary vote. I can always change it in the next 5½ hours if anything else crops up, but that's my current position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I'm more for voting but stating who on thread. Just in case we see a pattern and a rolled villager is at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I am so ****ing wrecked today, ill bne posting more if i survive the lynch

Good idea Keith.

Whomever favours FFA put a post up.

Whomever wants a race, do same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Good idea Keith.

Whomever favours FFA put a post up.

Whomever wants a race, do same.

just do an FFA style thing to get the voting method for tonight:

VMR - Voting Method Race
    VMF - Voting Method FFA
    VMB - Voting Method Blind

:p

:D

:pac:

Advertisement