Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWX: Hogwarts goes to war

Options

Comments

Uriel. wrote: »
    Is this a genuine error?
    Or a mod surprise
    ????

Ah it has to be genuine. Too perfect to be planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Uriel. wrote: »
    I did mine ages ago. As did Trit (twice) you're way behind on the organisation front lol

I already have an excel sheet with yours, mine and Trits on it. :)

The rest of ye lazy fèckers need to pull something together. Can't force people to do FFA. If they don't do it then they're wolves obviously. :pac:

I'll still collate from those who did and post at 8.

ffa

gufc
    grumpy

if they are good we kill andy

I already have an excel sheet with yours, mine and Trits on it. :)

The rest of ye lazy fèckers need to pull something together. Can't force people to do FFA. If they don't do it then they're wolves obviously. :pac:

I'll still collate from those who did and post at 8.

Lord did one with 2 people on it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102972114

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

#FFA1 (reluctantly)

Andy - because

Grumpy for being a little suspiciously helpful earlier in the game, and Amandadon for being the lowest poster - though really if either of these got lynched because I included them in FFA I'd be pretty annoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

I had a read through you posts though and (maybe I missed it tbf) but I can't see where you made it clear why he's a wolf? It's a team game andy, help the rest of us understand your reasoning.

Sorry if i have been abit erratic with posting, im home now so no longer on mobile

My reason for gufc was a punt at the beginning really which has now turned into a more reasonable accusation

I knew there was a good chance i would be killed early one so i wanted to see if i could get any info for the village so i blatantly asked the village to lynch gufc or grumpy if i died

No one had any accusations before the munch bar grumpy from trit and mrsfd, so i jumped on that as i too thought she was slightly dogey, not 100% convinced on grumps i added gufc in as the snape thing was brownie point hunting to me

Now if you are a wolf and on the first day an experienced villager (andy) names two villagers as wolves wouldn't you kill andy to cast suspicion on the 2 and get rid of the experienced player, which would also lead the priest to leave clues that andy was good

or

Is one or both of grumps/Gufc a wolf which means killing andy would cast suspicion on them or even seer peeks at the very least, so instead kill another experienced player in jayop who hasn't even posted yet

Now i know how crap first day lynches are and how little we have to go on, but don't you think what im giving you here is better than nothing and is worth taking the chance on for the first day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ffa1

Andy, have gone through the reasons before now

Mick, seems to be buying andy's tripe far to easily. Especially considering the reason andy is putting up is one that mick agreed with me on. Suspicious stuff there tbh

I don't have a third at the moment. Will add if something pops up later

I've so many questions. Not being in the know of Harry Potter isn't helping. Fat Lady sings? Is one of the characters also called Fat Lady?

Gufc, Andy, mahama

Seem to be in the running or mentioned a lot

Why?
    So far as I can see:
    Andy was throwing around accusations at Grumpy and GUFC. He was going pretty hard on them on little evidence. GUFC put up a pretty good defense but neither comes out of it looking well, that's why they're both there.

I called Flush wolfy, she responded by calling me a wolf. I also made some idiotic posts earlier today which put me on a few radars.

I've so many questions. Not being in the know of Harry Potter isn't helping. Fat Lady sings? Is one of the characters also called Fat Lady?

The Fat Lady is colouring we think, you should post more I llike you unless your bad then I hate you :P

• Advertisement

andy125 wrote: »
    Sorry if i have been abit erratic with posting, im home now so no longer on mobile

My reason for gufc was a punt at the beginning really which has now turned into a more reasonable accusation

I knew there was a good chance i would be killed early one so i wanted to see if i could get any info for the village so i blatantly asked the village to lynch gufc or grumpy if i died

No one had any accusations before the munch bar grumpy from trit and mrsfd, so i jumped on that as i too thought she was slightly dogey, not 100% convinced on grumps i added gufc in as the snape thing was brownie point hunting to me

Now if you are a wolf and on the first day an experienced villager (andy) names two villagers as wolves wouldn't you kill andy to cast suspicion on the 2 and get rid of the experienced player, which would also lead the priest to leave clues that andy was good

or

Is one or both of grumps/Gufc a wolf which means killing andy would cast suspicion on them or even seer peeks at the very least, so instead kill another experienced player in jayop who hasn't even posted yet

Now i know how crap first day lynches are and how little we have to go on, but don't you think what im giving you here is better than nothing and is worth taking the chance on for the first day

Its taken you how long to actually come back with something concrete? Which is still flimsical at best, although narrated rather nicely.

So did you come up with it all yourself or did the other wolves help you along? Did you just need to get the ok from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Gufc, Andy, mahama

Seem to be in the running or mentioned a lot

Why?

Wolves M8

Well I think Andy and Mahama
    So far as I can see:
    Andy was throwing around accusations at Grumpy and GUFC. He was going pretty hard on them on little evidence. GUFC put up a pretty good defense but neither comes out of it looking well, that's why they're both there.

I called Flush wolfy, she responded by calling me a wolf. I also made some idiotic posts earlier today which put me on a few radars.

Yeah it started out as pointing finger banter but then you made said silly post and concreted yourself in.

Sorry!

Fat lady is a portrait. She hides a door that leads to the common room, and she requires a password to get in. The three goodies had to do a task to learn the password. We don't know what that is and if it was individual or group, on thread or off. The important part, the singing part, means that there could be a time when the three goodies get kicked out of the room coz they don't know the new password, losing their lines of communication. We don't know if the mods will announce that the fat lady has sung on thread, and we also don't know if the goodies will be able to regain access.

#FFA1

Mahamageehad
    Andy
    Grumpylumpy

gufc21 wrote: »
    Its taken you how long to actually come back with something concrete? Which is still flimsical at best, although narrated rather nicely.

So did you come up with it all yourself or did the other wolves help you along? Did you just need to get the ok from them?

So you are blind to the logic of it and come back with that? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

#FFA1 (very very reluctantly!!)

1. Mick- I feel like him and Andy are working together to lead the village to doing a race, it looks to me like they've gone for a lets work together to achieve the same aim but without directly speaking to each other. Andy comes out straight away with an accusation and a proposal for a race. Mick then starts talking about how blind voting is for dummies and there has to be another way, but doesn't mention a race until pushed and really goes after the point that blind voting kills roled villagers (scaremongering) and says role claiming when you're up for lynch doesn't look suss! (since when?!)

2. Andy, for the reasons I mentioned earlier on thread and above, it strikes me as odd when someone can be so sure, that someone else is a wolf on day 1/2 when there is nothing else to go on other than knowing what your own role is. Also Andy is likely to think well I'm dead anyway cos I'm such a wolfey wolf so might aswell be the wolfiest wolf on the thread to save some of my team mates they can afford to lose 1 when there's 4 of them!

3. GUFC, cos I've laid out a pretty elaborate conspiracy above and so I need to tie a third wolf into it. Yes it's a risky trick, but I think it's the kind of risky sh1t those 3 could come up with!

I feel like an FFA wouldn't hurt us anyway... It might give the wolfies an opportunity to encourage a voldemort lynch, but then Harry would get tipped off too so probably no real benefit there.

andy125 26
    grumpylumpy 24
    MicksJaguar 22
    dottie_lottie 15
    mahamageehad 13
    tritium 13
    Uriel. 12
    gufc21 12
    quickbeam 11
    Lord TSC 10
    Strawberry Milkshake 9
    MrsFlushdraw 9
    EMF2010 5
    WerewolfGM 2
    raze_them_all_ 2
    y0ssar1an22 2
    Dan man 2
    The_Valeyard 2
    sullivlo 1
    partyjungle 1
    Amandadon 1
    sKeith 1

Is partyjungle always quiet or only when he's a wolf?

Well I've never been a wolf so you will never know. I do have a history of being quiet at the start though. Usually too much noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

What makes you think you are a target?

Its a crap shoot so anyone can be

I'd nearly safelist Dottie after her FFA as even though I think she is wrong about wanting a random vote, wouldnt think wolfys would stick so hard to thier guns and let it slide

tritium wrote: »
    Interestingly uncontroversial second post in the game....

was my third actually :P

• Advertisement

Its a crap shoot so anyone can be

you talk like it's completely random, we're discussing it now, the only reason to be worried about lynch is if you're a bad guy and you think you've been spotted

you talk like it's completely random, we're discussing it now, the only reason to be worried about lynch is if you're a bad guy and you think you've been spotted

I have said im wrecked and clearly not following the forum, **** im barely out of bed atm, was playing/in transpo to football from 6am till 10 pm, long day, tough sport that really takes it out of you, which gufc knows about.

Everrywehere is sore so im not too enthralled with keeping up with the game atm just putting painkillers into me is my plan for the day

andy125 wrote: »
    So you are blind to the logic of it and come back with that? :rolleyes:

Well you did choose to ignore the obvious flaw in your narrative.

A wolf can't munch one of its own. Put forward two villagers come out with the narrative and say I'm not dead so they are the wolves. Weren't you the only one to advocate for snape to stay quiet too? It's already been established that the only people to benefit from a quiet snap is the wolves.

I mean if you pull it off you turn on grumpy then, so the wolves have 5 kills before a wolf gets hit and that's only if the priest comes out to wreck your claims. Bound to get a rolled player somewhere there right?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

I've thrown around some musings on who I think might be up to what but for an #FFA1...

Andy and gufc can't both be wolves going at it like this. Andy went with the school of throwing around accusations to shake the tree. I can't say I find that all that helpful for the village. As I mentioned earlier Andy was all agro with little behind it, while gufc's posts made good sense. Thus Andy, you're in my ffa, and gufc you're out for now.

Other than that I thought Trit originally because she was asking questions about the window dressing of the op and later threw accusations my with the first justification being "wolfy as feck" second being i was defensive (fair enough), and third being "pure wolfy". Not the best reasoning, so I'm thinking it was a premature go at bandwagoning on andy's suggestions.

Thirdly, I'm always suss of a stand in, so I say Armageddon. The stand in thing is just because I think you'll only drop out if you're roled. Could be good or bad so its not the best reasoning, but right this second I'm not seeing so much to go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

#ffa1

mahama Some post earlier today put on radar for me
    andy others have summed it up better, i think andy needs least explaination
    grumpy the exchange earlier put on my radar.

I have to say that my reading of these so far is very flimsy and i am only posting 3 names as thats whateverybody else i doing.

I have said im wrecked and clearly not following the forum, **** im barely out of bed atm, was playing/in transpo to football from 6am till 10 pm, long day, tough sport that really takes it out of you, which gufc knows about.

Everrywehere is sore so im not too enthralled with keeping up with the game atm just putting painkillers into me is my plan for the day

To be fair, its specifically the reason i asked him if he was playing last night. I've been there and the next day isn't fun . I'd give him a pass for today, but that's just cause i know where he's coming from and there is nothing really to suggest anything different

I am changing my FFA!

I forgot RTA lol

so

#FFA1

Mahama
    Andy
    RTA

gufc21 wrote: »
    Well you did choose to ignore the obvious flaw in your narrative.

A wolf can't munch one of its own. Put forward two villagers come out with the narrative and say I'm not dead so they are the wolves. Weren't you the only one to advocate for snape to stay quiet too? It's already been established that the only people to benefit from a quiet snap is the wolves.

I mean if you pull it off you turn on grumpy then, so the wolves have 5 kills before a wolf gets hit and that's only if the priest comes out to wreck your claims. Bound to get a rolled player somewhere there right?

Its not a flaw because i am a villager and my plan will still work whether i die or not as the priest will know this fact and he will then know that you or grumps are evil

If i have to die for that so be it

Thirdly, I'm always suss of a stand in, so I say Armageddon. The stand in thing is just because I think you'll only drop out if you're roled. Could be good or bad so its not the best reasoning, but right this second I'm not seeing so much to go on.

TBF I think Digi isn't the type to just go AWOL mid game and if he has real commitments I think he'd bow out and get replaced regardless of if he was roled or a villager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

TBF I think Digi isn't the type to just go AWOL mid game and if he has real commitments I think he'd bow out and get replaced regardless of if he was roled or a villager

That's a fair point. Don't know enough about Digi to say. I don't have a good guess for third though so I'm happy to keep them there as a low poster. In a game with newbies it's a bad tactic though. I may read back shortly and reassess

Advertisement