Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWX: Hogwarts goes to war

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

You do look wolfie, but I am open to reason here, ive been wrongly called a wolf before.

I still haven't worked out what everyone is referring to about my supposed wolfiness. Is it just based on the fact that I reacted to Andy? Mildly I would have thought.

If we take everything at face value we've got this:

- Voldemort
    - Peter Pettigrew - dead
    - Regulus Black
    - Barty Crouch

- Draco Malfoy

Dumbledores Army:

- Mad Eye Moody (Seer)
    - Trelawney (Priest) - out
    - Hagrid (Bodyguard)
    - Harry - out
    - Ron - out
    - Hermione - out
    - Severus Snape - out

- Dudley Dursley

+ 2 dead villagers

dottie_lottie 81
    MicksJaguar 78 - G3
    andy125 68 - G3
    mahamageehad 68
    Uriel. 59
    quickbeam 44
    MrsFlushdraw 40
    gufc21 37 - Peter Pettigrew
    sKeith 37
    Strawberry Milkshake 36
    grumpylumpy 32
    Amandadon 25 - Trelawney
    The_Valeyard 23
    y0ssar1an22 21
    tritium 18 - NRV
    raze_them_all_17
    Lord TSC 17 - Snape
    EMF2010 15
    partyjungle 11 - G3
    Dan man 8
    Jayop 1 - NRV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Delighted to realise the seer peek is a real peek. Was just reading about GUFC character. woop woop. And with us knowing Snape there should be no more surprises.

Question at Mahama? are you Draco? that why you saying one body as you don't get a kill till tomorrow?

1 body.
    sullivlo wrote: »
    - Draco Malfoy - has the power to kill a player every second night.

Still reading this as 2 bodies?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I still haven't worked out what everyone is referring to about my supposed wolfiness. Is it just based on the fact that I reacted to Andy? Mildly I would have thought.

If we take everything at face value we've got this:

- Voldemort
    - Peter Pettigrew - dead
    - Regulus Black
    - Barty Crouch

- Draco Malfoy

Dumbledores Army:

- Mad Eye Moody (Seer)
    - Trelawney (Priest) - out
    - Hagrid (Bodyguard)
    - Harry - out
    - Ron - out
    - Hermione - out
    - Severus Snape - out

- Dudley Dursley

+ 2 dead villagers

dottie_lottie 81
    MicksJaguar 78 - G3
    andy125 68 - G3
    mahamageehad 68
    Uriel. 59
    quickbeam 44
    MrsFlushdraw 40
    gufc21 37 - Peter Pettigrew
    sKeith 37
    Strawberry Milkshake 36
    grumpylumpy 32
    Amandadon 25 - Trelawney
    The_Valeyard 23
    y0ssar1an22 21
    tritium 18 - NRV
    raze_them_all_17
    Lord TSC 17 - Snape
    EMF2010 15
    partyjungle 11 - G3
    Dan man 8
    Jayop 1 - NRV

Jayop's one post shouldn't count. Technically it was Jayop's ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Well that was eventful night,

If gufc was a wolf I'm inclined to think grumps is less of a chance of one but still could be of course

Quickbeam would be my choice giving her attempts to subtly steer away from gufc onto me in the race, I will show examples of this after munch

Also priest, should they kill the bodyguard don't tell us the bodyguard was killed just say that person was a normal villager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

andy125 wrote: »
    Well that was eventful night,

If gufc was a wolf I'm inclined to think grumps is less of a chance of one but still could be of course

Quickbeam would be my choice giving her attempts to subtly steer away from gufc onto me in the race, I will show examples of this after munch

Also priest, should they kill the bodyguard don't tell us the bodyguard was killed just say that person was a normal villager

+1 on this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Play werewolf they said, it'll be fun they said... :pac:

Still gathering the bits of my exploded head up after last night.
    Do want to say also that I hate seeing the word clique thrown around in here, especially coz I think we've gone to so much effort to avoid it by alternating mods and themes and having other forum games. I honestly saw the Katniss comment as some kind of joke, like saying "Beam me up Scotty" in a star Wars game. Knowing the theme isn't actually required to play the game so you get jokes like that. You also get the in jokes of people that know the theme- I think everything went over my head in the Star Wars game except theYoda talk. Funny it was not. :pac: All newbies are welcome here!!! :) Hopefully we'll see some of this games newbies in future games too.

Just on this, I haven't found it cliquey, just bantery (not a word I know). I'm a little hesitant to post because I think I'm massively overthinking things, like I'm adding up what I think is 2 and 2, getting 78 and then realizing it wasn't 2 and 2 to begin with. It's surprisingly addictive!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

andy125 wrote: »

Oh, you don't need to find examples, I fully admit that I thought you were a wolf and Gufc wasn't - up until you came out as one of the G3. Then it was plainly clear that you weren't though I still wasn't wholly convinced that Gufc was one, but with no clear idea of who else might be either, he was the best option to go for. I'm glad you turned out to be correct, though I don't follow your logic as to how you were so sure about him.

String me up if you want. I'm just a NRV. With five goodies out, block voting, one NRV won't make much differene to the villager's chance. But you'll see (or at leaset I hope you will if Amanda survives the next 30 minutes) come lynch that it was a waste of a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Still reading this as 2 bodies?

Don't we lynch at night and have munch in the mornings? So a lynch and SK kill tonight?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

kEzRhVF.gif

Ok, so if we do believe that we have FIVE goodies all confirmed...doesn't that give us massive, massive voting powers? If all 5 goodies could agree on a vote, and try to get others to vote with us, wouldn't we be able to start eliminating suspects quite quickly? Speaking from inexperience here cause I've never seen this sort of thing happen.

I don't believe the priest should come forward, but with their guidance, we could have 6 votes working as a core then, pushing forward...

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    kEzRhVF.gif

Ok, so if we do believe that we have FIVE goodies all confirmed...doesn't that give us massive, massive voting powers? If all 5 goodies could agree on a vote, and try to get others to vote with us, wouldn't we be able to start eliminating suspects quite quickly? Speaking from inexperience here cause I've never seen this sort of thing happen.

I don't believe the priest should come forward, but with their guidance, we could have 6 votes working as a core then, pushing forward...

The use of that gif mad me absolutely CACKLE in work

Good job

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Don't we lynch at night and have munch in the mornings? So a lynch and SK kill tonight?

The lynch marks the start of night and the munch marks the end of night so sk kill could reasonably happen at either time

Night and day phases still confuse me. Just have to wait and see

I'd ask mid to confirm but we'll see soon enough. :/

I would read it that the SK gets the kill at the beginning of the night phase, that's when the seer gets their peek too even if they choose not to use it.

Stay safe everyone!

99% sure that SK will have a kill during the night which will be announced at 10am along with the wolves'.

kEzRhVF.gif

The problem is that the voting block don't know who the goodies and baddies are. The SK and wolves will start picking off the voting block, but they'll be happy to sit back and watch while the block send us after a NRV or good role accidentally. :/ that's the tricky part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

The problem is that the voting block don't know who the goodies and baddies are. The SK and wolves will start picking off the voting block, but they'll be happy to sit back and watch while the block send us after a NRV or good role accidentally. :/ that's the tricky part.

I wouldn't underestimate us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

The school woke up reeling from the days activities yesterday. Voldemort and the Death Eaters had the chats trying to decide who to have for breakfast. Deciding to believe the role claims of the G3, Voldemort summoned Nagini from his bag of tricks and instructed him to slither through the castle. After a bite from a snake, there was no hope of andy125 surviving.

Meanwhile, Draco was sitting at the Slytherin table quietly plotting who to take out. He had been up all night studying spells and he discovered a special one he could mutter under his breath resulting in the death of the recipiant, however the energy required meant he needed to sleep for a few days afterwards. He weighed up the pro's and con's and thought "feck it, lets go" and quietly whispered: "Avada Kedavra Uriel" and so uriel slumped to the floor, much to the shock of those around him.

RIP uriel and andy.

Lynch form will open shortly.

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    The school woke up reeling from the days activities yesterday. Voldemort and the Death Eaters had the chats trying to decide who to have for breakfast. Deciding to believe the role claims of the G3, Voldemort summoned Nagini from his bag of tricks and instructed him to slither through the castle. After a bite from a snake, there was no hope of andy125 surviving.

Meanwhile, Draco was sitting at the Slytherin table quietly plotting who to take out. He had been up all night studying spells and he discovered a special one he could mutter under his breath resulting in the death of the recipiant, however the energy required meant he needed to sleep for a few days afterwards. He weighed up the pro's and con's and thought "feck it, lets go" and quietly whispered: "Avada Kedavra Uriel" and so uriel slumped to the floor, much to the shock of those around him.

RIP uriel and andy.

Lynch form will open shortly.

Just part of the story, or a clue? Will Draco not be posting in the foreseeable future? Is that one of the secrets?

quickbeam wrote: »
    Just part of the story, or a clue? Will Draco not be posting in the foreseeable future? Is that one of the secrets?

I assumed it's cos he only shows up to kill every 2nd day

but you might know more about secrets than me?!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, there goes part of the block :pac:

Can the other two tell us who Andy was? Or would there be a reason not to?

Well, there goes part of the block :pac:

Can the other two tell us who Andy was? Or would there be a reason not to?

of course there's a reason not to, we can't identify who harry is!!

Not sure why Uriel was hit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

RIP Andy and Uriel
    of course there's a reason not to, we can't identify who harry is!!

So Amanda (still alive, yay!) should just confirm Andy as one of the G3 and let us know if Uriel was a death eater/wolf or student/villager but NOT say if they were bodyguard based on G3 instructions right?

Not sure why Uriel was hit

I'd say role hunting for BG

I'd say role hunting for BG

hopefully unsuccessful!

EMF2010 wrote: »
    RIP Andy and Uriel

So Amanda (still alive, yay!) should just confirm Andy as one of the G3 and let us know if Uriel was a death eater/wolf or student/villager but NOT say if they were bodyguard based on G3 instructions right?

I think that's ok, but if there's a flaw in that plan please point it out. Then hopefully Hagrid protected himself last night and can protect the priest tonight

Down to 11 unknowns.

1. mahamageehad
    3. quickbeam
    4. y0ssar1an22
    5. dottie_lottie
    7. sKeith
    10. Strawberry Milkshake
    15. The_Valeyard
    16. grumpylumpy
    18. Dan man
    19. EMF2010
    21. MrsFlushdraw

If Armageddon could kindly join us and give us some insight those 11 unknowns might be a little easier to mine

• Advertisement

anyone any suggestions/ ideas on how we should roll with the lynch today?

is worth doing an FFA style discussion where everyone names 2 or 3 people they have suspicions of and gives reasons?

Advertisement