Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWX: Hogwarts goes to war

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

evening all. totally forgot this was starting today.
    Thanks mods, sounds like an interesting set of rules and roles.

I haven't a clue about Harry Potter so no idea what some of the references relate to :)

How is everyone today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

gufc21 wrote: »
    That's a strange question... i mean it glaringly obvious in the role description that there is no role assigned yet, as such.

Is this to say that he'll get assigned a classic ww role with powers when he sobers up? I understood he was just a coin toss to nrv or nr...wolf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is this to say that he'll get assigned a classic ww role with powers when he sobers up? I understood he was just a coin toss to nrv or nr...wolf

No one knows what his role is yet. Special or otherwise. Its possible the mods don't either. I mean it quite clearly states it in the op

" only remembers his role after a few days, and he may only learn from the sorting hat on the day..."

The role as such is undefined at this moment

Whether its to be bad or good we dont know. It could be predetermined and unrevealed or can be used as a balancing role by mods

No one knows what his role is yet. Special or otherwise. Its possible the mods don't either. I mean it quite clearly states it in the op

" only remembers his role after a few days, and he may only learn from the sorting hat on the day..."

The role as such is undefined at this moment

I wouldn't have called that especially clear! Most likely by design.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Back. Wasn't really an author after all :(

quickbeam wrote: »
    Back. Wasn't really an author after all :(

I might have to join in to keep myself amused between tree shakings

tritium wrote: »
    Mods, another question. Can the bad teams communicate with each other in this game?

If they can't communicate how do they decide who to munch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭andy125

If they can't communicate how do they decide who to munch?

I would say he means does the sk and wolf team communicate with each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ok... so I've read the intro a few times now to try and get a handle on things.

I've a few newbie questions/ponderings. So the Death Eaters, aka the bad guys, work together, except Draco who true to character from the books is a bit of a lone wolf*

Some of Dumbledore's Army, aka the good guys, can work together if they do some kind of task. Am curious about Hagrid, if he traps a player with Aragog does that player effectively die? Because Aragog is a big nasty spider monster in the books...

Also Severus Snape, he has a role but no power?

Just wondering if I'm reading this right. I may be a slightly overexcited newbie

*pun totally intended

• Advertisement

EMF2010 wrote: »

I've a few newbie questions/ponderings. So the Death Eaters, aka the bad guys, work together, except Draco who true to character from the books is a bit of a lone wolf*

Some of Dumbledore's Army, aka the good guys, can work together if they do some kind of task. Am curious about Hagrid, if he traps a player with Aragog does that player effectively die? Because Aragog is a big nasty spider monster in the books...

I think that's all about right.

Two baddie teams: (1) Death Eaters of three or four players (depending on which way Regulus swings), and (2) Draco working alone.

Previous games had an Assassin role which sometimes combined with the bodyguard role. The Assassin usually had a bullet which could be used at any time. I presume instead of a bullet, this game's "assassin", Hagrid, just uses Aragog, but it's effectively a way to take out a player at any time in the game. That's how I understand it anyway.

That's my reading on Snape too. Really just a NRV (non rolled villager), but has the disadvantage of appearing as bad to the seer.

EMF2010 wrote: »

Just wondering if I'm reading this right. I may be a slightly overexcited newbie

*pun totally intended

Seems that way about the baddies...

On the hagrid front i think that yes, someone will be fed to a spider. I am not looking forward to reading that kill story AT ALL

And snape's power is confusing everyone

I was just going to ask about aragog too. I'm assuming it would be used on the SK to block his kill?

I was just going to ask about aragog too. I'm assuming it would be used on the SK to block his kill?

So if hagrid uses his protection on someone the SK is targeting? I would have assumed it would be an extra kill

So if hagrid uses his protection on someone the SK is targeting? I would have assumed it would be an extra kill

Yea to me its a bullet he can use whenever he wants

andy125 wrote: »
    Yea to me its a bullet he can use whenever he wants

would he then not be able to protect that night? or can it be done anytime?

Trapping someone means they never get out?

I thought the trapping was for one night only but I'm usually wrong lol

trapping with a person with a massive killing spider for 1 night i would assume = death

Hah, if we're using our imaginations, what a terrifying punishment! I'd rather be shot

would he then not be able to protect that night? or can it be done anytime?

i would assume he can, bullets and protection were separate mechanics in all the other games

• Advertisement

First dragons then massive spiders what next I suppose ye will be telling me there are WWs walking among us :pac:

Ok I've been thinking about this snape role. Now i know i have been one for rolled characters coming out in previous games so I'm genuinely open to correction on this but the way I'm reading it is that the only one snape serves as a hidden role are the bad guys?

If snape stays hidden the only purpose they serve is to confuse the seer. They are on the good team right? I think snape should come out and tell us who they are so that a) the seer doesn't waste a pick and the village a lynch as a result and b) a bad guy cant claim to be snape later in the game hoping that the real one has died.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or am i missing something in that it helps the bad guys if he comes out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Ok I've been thinking about this snape role. Now i know i have been one for rolled characters coming out in previous games so I'm genuinely open to correction on this but the way I'm reading it is that the only one snape serves as a hidden role are the bad guys?

If snape stays hidden the only purpose they serve is to confuse the seer. They are on the good team right? I think snape should come out and tell us who they are so that a) the seer doesn't waste a pick and the village a lynch as a result and b) a bad guy cant claim to be snape later in the game hoping that the real one has died.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or am i missing something in that it helps the bad guys if he comes out?

Thought about this too. The only upside i can see to snape staying hidden is to prevent a role claim for a wolf who has been peeked by revealing at that point.

Mod another question

- Harry, Ron and Hermione - have access to the Gryffindor Common Room, however they must earn the password through a task to get past the Fat Lady. However, if the Fat Lady sings, the password may change, and access may be revoked.

Who or what is the fat lady here? Is it a hidden role, just for flavour or something else?

OK off first reading of what you said it seems like a good idea, I cant see any downside to it really. It has to be a plus ev move for the village. Then the only confusion over the seers picks would be PP

Who or what is the fat lady here? Is it a hidden role, just for flavour or something else?

I took this the same way as the "sorting hat" deciding Dudley's fate... That the mods made it up at random

What if a wolf claims to be Snape though? The real Snape would know they were a wolf putting in a false claim, but none of the rest of us would know which to believe, so we'd end up having to lynch both?? Just thinking out loud here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I assumed it was just a reference to HP lore. In the books and movies, the fat lady is the painting that guards the Griffindor common room. Griffindors have the password and have to give it to get entry.

OK off first reading of what you said it seems like a good idea, I cant see any downside to it really. It has to be a plus ev move for the village. Then the only confusion over the seers picks would be PP

Jumped on that very quickly there Mick. No downsides at all? What if a wolf claims

quickbeam wrote: »
    What if a wolf claims to be Snape though? The real Snape would know they were a wolf putting in a false claim, but none of the rest of us would know which to believe, so we'd end up having to lynch both?? Just thinking out loud here.

Thats grand then we swap a wolf for a fairly but not fully NRV

• Advertisement

Jumped on that very quickly there Mick. No downsides at all? What if a wolf claims

Answered below you and above me :D

Advertisement