Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWX: Hogwarts goes to war

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Ive read them if you get a chance later get back to me on it if you have the time.

Regaurds The Fonz

Right, what is it

Right, what is it

why are you sure there are 4 baddies left?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I'll be sending him a love soul soon :cool: xxx

you guys are so sweet!

** this one goes out to all the lovers out there

Are you seriously asking that again? I have explained more than once how I came to that. In fact. To make it easy for you I will go and get the posts myself. This is the last time I go over this.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

There are 3/4 baddies in the unknowns so I'm throwing 4 names into the arena.

Quickbeam - as per Andy's advice that if GUFC is a baddie then QB probably is too.

The Valeyard - saying enough to not have a low post count but nothing to help us.

MrsFD - I think her time to be selected at random as a baddie has come. As far as I am aware, you have only been a baddie once and that was when the evil team chose you themselves. Oh, I also like picking you at same stage anyway ;)

SKeith - c'mon, with initials like that, I have to!
    My #FFA2

Mahamageehed
    Grumpy
    quickbeam

These aren't exactly defendable either - especially when one doesn't give any reasons at all, though I presume as he's one of the G3 his reasoning is similar to Strawberry's "because Andy said so", so let me just defend that as best as I can.

Andy said that if Gufc was a wolf then I was too. But did he actually give any reason for why we were linked? Not on-thread, but maybe he did in the back-room, if so maybe PJ couldn't enlighten me so I can talk about the specifics.

All I can gather from Andy's accusation is that I thought him (ie, Andy) was more wolfy than Gufc. And I can't deny this. Up until the G3 came out, I definitely had Andy pegged as a wolf. That makes me bad at the game, not a baddie though! And in fairness to me, according the FFAs from yesterday I was far from being the only person who suspected Andy (11) over Gufc (6). Mahama, MrsF, Grumpy, Keith and Strawberry all voted for Andy and didn't got for Gufc, and that doesn't even count those who didn't even do the FFA, who may or may not have come to similar conclusions.

The other thing he pulled me up on, was questioning of a post of Mahama's where I thought she was being contradictory and confusing - but questioning is allowed, indeed encouraged, and even if I was "shaking the trees" a little in my question, it was more to see Mahama's reaction (which she passed!) than Andy's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

im getting incorrect password on lynch form. just me or all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

nevermind, went to IX by mistake.

Team Evil
    - Voldemort - The Leader of the Death Eaters
    - Regulus Black is a Deflector, and therefore is given the option before the game begins as to whether or not he wants to be a Death Eater, or become a part of Dumbledores Army.
    - Barty Crouch is drawing on his past impersonation of Mad Eye Moody, and thus can choose one seer check every second night. When Barty dies, his power dies with him.

- Draco Malfoy - has the power to kill a player every second night.

**Voldemort can't die if Harry is alive. Harrys scar will hurt if Voldemort is attacked, and Harry can sacrifice himself to kill Voldemort, however, if he chooses self sacrifice, he must fight alone.**

Dumbledores Army:

- Mad Eye Moody (Seer) - can choose one person during each night phase to check if they're good or evil.
    - Hagrid (Bodyguard) - can choose protect someone each night, however they cannot protect the same person two nights in a row. Hagrid can protect himself. Hagrid also has a one time option of trapping someone in the forest with Aragog if he is suspicious of their role.
    - Dudley Dursley

So we have 4 x evil roles out there
    And we have 3 x good roles

Here is the cast
    1. mahamageehad
    2. quickbeam
    3. y0ssar1an22
    4. dottie_lottie
    5. sKeith
    6. Strawberry Milkshake
    7. The_Valeyard
    8. grumpylumpy
    9. Dan man
    10. EMF2010
    11. MrsFlushdraw (NRV)

So out of these 10 people 7 of them have roles. That is mind blowing!

My pics for the wolf team would be

Mahamama
    QB
    Skeith
    Grumpy
    Just realised that RTA wasn't in the list earlier. so not sure if anyone else missing. I copied from Strawberries post
    1. mahamageehad
    2. quickbeam
    3. y0ssar1an22
    4. dottie_lottie
    5. sKeith
    6. Strawberry Milkshake
    7. Raze_them_all
    8. The_Valeyard
    9. grumpylumpy
    10. Dan man
    11. EMF2010
    12. MrsFlushdraw

Ok, I think that is more accurate list yeah?

So there are 7 roles in the 12. I know I am a NRV so that is 11 unknowns for me.

So I would be looking at

Grumpy- Is wolfy AF
    RTA - From yesterdays accustations still
    Mahama - From yesterday
    Skieth - Just a hunch and nothing concrete
    Team Dumbledore - but a drunk.

Anyone else think Mick would have made a great Dudley ;)
    (Fonzie Voice)

Eeeeeeeeh Mrs F

How you so sure that Dudley Dursley was on the good side?
    Uhm his name is in the list under Dumbledore? no?

The Evil Teams:

- Voldemort - The Leader of the Death Eaters
    - Peter Pettigrew is an interesting character. Due to his time as Scabbers the rat, he appears as good to the seer.
    - Regulus Black is a Deflector, and therefore is given the option before the game begins as to whether or not he wants to be a Death Eater, or become a part of Dumbledores Army.
    - Barty Crouch is drawing on his past impersonation of Mad Eye Moody, and thus can choose one seer check every second night. When Barty dies, his power dies with him.

- Draco Malfoy - has the power to kill a player every second night.

**Voldemort can't die if Harry is alive. Harrys scar will hurt if Voldemort is attacked, and Harry can sacrifice himself to kill Voldemort, however, if he chooses self sacrifice, he must fight alone.**

Dumbledores Army:

- Mad Eye Moody (Seer) - can choose one person during each night phase to check if they're good or evil.

- Trelawney (Priest) - as a professor of Diviniation, Trelawney will learn what role the dead player played.

- Hagrid (Bodyguard) - can choose protect someone each night, however they cannot protect the same person two nights in a row. Hagrid can protect himself. Hagrid also has a one time option of trapping someone in the forest with Aragog if he is suspicious of their role.

- Harry, Ron and Hermione - have access to the Gryffindor Common Room, however they must earn the password through a task to get past the Fat Lady. However, if the Fat Lady sings, the password may change, and access may be revoked.

- Severus Snape - an unfortunate character that appears evil to the seer due to his previous assosciation with Voldemort.

---

Other:

- Dudley Dursley (the school drunk who drank too much butter beer), only remembers his role after a few days, and he may only learn from the sorting hat on the day...

On quoting it I see that it says Other, I just assumed it meant he was part of dumbledore.

Note in bold my obvious confusion and eureka moment/
    ehhhhhhhhhhhhh Mrs f

Why you so sure the deflector choose bad side?
    Whatever are you talking about ?? :confused:
    You said earlier your 4 for wolfs are xyza, why 4?
    I took the details from the OP. Bolded the names and counted them.

There was 4. I wasn't reading all the details. Not worth hanging me for it. Its the same with the good team. I bolded all the names under what I thought was team dumbldore and added them up.

That's it in a nutshell

I explained here what I did..
    why 4 how many do you think is left? and what roles?

You keep asking the same question DESPITE me stating I copied from the OP. quickly highlighted the names of each person after removing the guy that was dead. And then counting under team evil 4 in bold and 3 with the goodies.

NOW, had I taken MORE TIME and read every single line, I would have noted that..

a) One said he gets to choose which side
    b) The Dudley fella was under "other"

Now, I am not going to explain it again, my 7 year old could get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ok so my #FFA2 is

Raza - based on suspicions yesterday
    Mahama - said something about the G2 scheming which sounds a bit wolfy
    Quickbeam - said something about Mahama passing a shake the trees test and I'm going for old fashioned guilt by association.

Meant raze not raza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Mick, who do the remaining gruesome twosome feel is most wolfy? Andy has put up QB and grumpy IIRC. PJ fancies me and grumpy I think (rawr!) any consensus?

QB, I don't have any defining proof on you, and you're not currently top of my suspect list but I do feel you're playing different and that's worth questioning. You're usually obsessive with lists and theories and almost in a leadery position but feels like you've been quieter this game. I also said the same on Vale but he's always quiet and its just more obvious for me with you. Rightly or wrongly. And Andy did call you out....

Grumpy and me were the only other two voted for yesterday, I know a few have been in here accusing me today like PJ and y0sser but has grumpy fallen off the radar?

I see someone did a FFA listing above but the formatting of tables is unreadable on mobile.

Mick, who do the remaining gruesome twosome feel is most wolfy? Andy has put up QB and grumpy IIRC. PJ fancies me and grumpy I think (rawr!) any consensus?

QB, I don't have any defining proof on you, and you're not currently top of my suspect list but I do feel you're playing different and that's worth questioning. You're usually obsessive with lists and theories and almost in a leadery position but feels like you've been quieter this game. I also said the same on Vale but he's always quiet and its just more obvious for me with you. Rightly or wrongly. And Andy did call you out....

Grumpy and me were the only other two voted for yesterday, I know a few have been in here accusing me today like PJ and y0sser but has grumpy fallen off the radar?

I see someone did a FFA listing above but the formatting of tables is unreadable on mobile.

Question away! I'll also just add, that in the previous five games, where I allegedly played the same way each time with lists and theories, I was twice a baddie and three times a goodie, so that tells you nothing.

EMF2010 wrote: »
    Ok so my #FFA2 is

Raza - based on suspicions yesterday
    Mahama - said something about the G2 scheming which sounds a bit wolfy
    Quickbeam - said something about Mahama passing a shake the trees test and I'm going for old fashioned guilt by association.
    Hmm what? G3 was the gryffindor 3. Ie Harry, Ron and Hermione ie PJ, Mick and Andy. They're in a back room together scheming and planning. Now Andys dead so only 2 of the G3 remain, or, as I'm calling em, the G2. Not sure how you read that as wolfy.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Question away! I'll also just add, that in the previous five games, where I allegedly played the same way each time with lists and theories, I was twice a baddie and three times a goodie, so that tells you nothing.

Yeah I get that completely. It might mean nothing at all, it just stuck out. Who are your picks?

Summary -

top 4 are as follows
    Grumps x 5
    Mahama x 4
    QB x 4
    RTA x 3

Summary -

top 4 are as follows
    Grumps x 5
    Mahama x 4
    QB x 4
    RTA x 3

8 players yet to make any picks

Hmm what? G3 was the gryffindor 3. Ie Harry, Ron and Hermione ie PJ, Mick and Andy. They're in a back room together scheming and planning. Now Andys dead so only 2 of the G3 remain, or, as I'm calling em, the G2. Not sure how you read that as wolfy.

It was just the use of the word scheming...a reach I'll grant you. Raze them all is really the only one I really suspect

On a quick count of the ffa table it seems you, qb and grumpy are even on being named.

Summary -

top 4 are as follows
    Grumps x 5
    Mahama x 4
    QB x 4
    RTA x 3

Thanks Dottie although I was semi reluctant to thank that based on the results! :/

I cant speak with Party anymore so I dont know what he is thinking,
    I still trying to piece info together after losing all my work in the backroom but so far MSFD is standing out to me as she seemed certain there are 4 baddies left and you could only know that 100% if you was a wolf.

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i think its fair to assume 4 baddies left. 3 wolves and a SK. basically because if you were given the choice of NRV or wolf, i think 99% of people would choose wolf.

• Advertisement

i think its fair to assume 4 baddies left. 3 wolves and a SK. basically because if you were given the choice of NRV or wolf, i think 99% of people would choose wolf.

Assumptions are the mother of all feck ups there are a few reasons why people might not have chosen it, we have some newer players who may not have fancied it, someone could have been busy for the week and didnt want to commit to it. Its not 99% for me although it is more likely then not.

Who are your picks?

This may not be my final list, so don't rag on me if I change later, but #FFA2:

Grumpy - not much in and of herself, but I did say yesterday that if Gufc turned out to be a wolf then I'd be suspicious of Grumpy too (at that stage I was still sceptical that Gufc was a wolf though). This is because he seemed to want to save her from the lynch and sacrfice himself. Though now that we know Gufc IS a wolf, I'm wondering if this was a double bluff to throw a villager under the wheel. Or a tripple bluff knowing we'd think that, to save his own team-mate. But on the whole, I'm more suspicious of her than of others.

Raze - difficult one because he seemd rather villagery to me in his outrage over the G3 outing themselves as he mistook their meaning. But previous to that his comment about not being lynched (or something to that effect) when he was on nobody's radar at the time, did seem to push him slightly in the wolfy direction.

Strawberry - seemed a bit too keen to jump on the "QB is evil because Andy said so" bandwagon, though it's not a tit for tat reason, it's more a case that I'm now an easy pick, and I can be chosen for this race and give a plausible excuse to do so, thus saving other wolves perhaps in the running.

dottie_lottie 87
    MicksJaguar 78 HRH
    mahamageehad 74
    quickbeam 47
    MrsFlushdraw 46
    Strawberry Milkshake 40
    sKeith 38
    grumpylumpy 38
    Amandadon 25 priest
    The_Valeyard 24
    y0ssar1an22 22
    Lord TSC 20 snape
    raze_them_all_ 17
    EMF2010 17
    partyjungle 12 HRH
    Dan man 8

so 12 suspects left. why dont we all choose a few, go back through their posts and give our thoughts at say 8.30pm?

I still trying to piece info together after losing all my work in the backroom but so far MSFD is standing out to me as she seemed certain there are 4 baddies left and you could only know that 100% if you was a wolf.

What do you think?

I give up!

Actually, lynch me and put me out my misery

I didn't say I was certain, I said I BOLDED names and counted them. Are you really that thick Mick?

I am going to put my vote in for RTA and close off for the night as it's just frustrating me.

Good luck!

What do you think?

Something with Flush isn't sitting right with me, I said it from the start. The fact that no one else really listened could mean she told the others to ignore it. I dunno. Could also be an element of tit for tat voting i.e. I know I'm innocent so if she's trying to hang me she must be guilty. Don't think that about Vale or PJ or y0sser though so I dunno. Would prefer to hear others opinions of Flush, I'm maybe biased.

Raze is my gut feeling right now. I think we've got way too many under the radar players too. Sleeping wolf? I think SK is hiding among the most active players.

Grumpy and QB were named by Andy. Unclear as to whether he was shaking trees or not, but if I had to pick one of them to hang it'd be grumpy. No real reason, evidence against both is flimsy.

I've no read on a lot of the players. Dan man, vale, y0ssar, emf... If I survive the lynch I'll do a Digi post with my thoughts on all.

Assumptions are the mother of all feck ups there are a few reasons why people might not have chosen it, we have some newer players who may not have fancied it, someone could have been busy for the week and didnt want to commit to it. Its not 99% for me although it is more likely then not.

better to err on the side of caution. prepare for the worst but hope for the best

Quick question Mama if you have suspicions on Raze and MsFD and none on Vale really why include him in your FFA?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

Evening all, I see I have a lot of reading ahead of me to catch up with events!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

dottie_lottie 87
    MicksJaguar 78 HRH
    mahamageehad 74
    quickbeam 47
    MrsFlushdraw 46
    Strawberry Milkshake 40
    sKeith 38
    grumpylumpy 38
    Amandadon 25 priest
    The_Valeyard 24
    y0ssar1an22 22
    Lord TSC 20 snape
    raze_them_all_ 17
    EMF2010 17
    partyjungle 12 HRH
    Dan man 8

so 12 suspects left. why dont we all choose a few, go back through their posts and give our thoughts at say 8.30pm?

I see I'm coming up a lot. I like yoss's idea, similar to what I say earlier.

Also gives me time to catch up and get the brain together. Work really interfered with my ability to internet today. Almost not worth it!

• Advertisement

I'm not convinced on Gufc or Mahama.

Gufc, not really sure either way.

Mahama, cause with flushy if you accuse her she accuses you (previous games flush and me both shot each other in the foot with accusations, leading wolves to pounce on it)

Just need to think it through. I'm still not convinced about Crosstown and always suspicious of PartyJungle

The serial killer doesn't care who he kills, we are all the same in their evil eyes. So the SK doesn't have to waste their time looking at the players list do they?

But, they should pay a bit more attention.

Don't worry vale, not going after you tonight. It's safe to leave it till till tomorrow's lynch. Also gives you time to prepare your defence.

Advertisement