Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWX: Hogwarts goes to war

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Would a wolf claim it this early? With everyone still alive? I mean as i said, later in the game when there is a chance there are death that would cover him but now.

And if 2 claim it lynch both. 2 kills = 1 wolf and 1 nrv, is that not a good result after 2 lynches?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

gufc21 wrote: »
    Would a wolf claim it this early?

No, not off their own bat, I'm sure, but if there was concensus that Snape does out himself, the wolves might decide it a good strategry to come out and make the claim.

But yeah, what you and Mick says does seem quite convincing - the pros do seem to outway any risk, and surely the wolves are looking at those risks themselves and probably figuring it's not worth taking.

I guess Snape can decide for himself what he thinks best to do. I'm also conscious of:
    13) The mods have some secrets, but all players have been provided with the information they need to play the game

, so maybe Snape has information to his role that the rest of us don't have that would preclude him from coming out. So, ultimately, his decision to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

It did occur to me that suggesting snaps come out my be a wolfy tactic to get a newbie to admit their role. It's. it subtle but that was my first thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Ok I've been thinking about this snape role. Now i know i have been one for rolled characters coming out in previous games so I'm genuinely open to correction on this but the way I'm reading it is that the only one snape serves as a hidden role are the bad guys?

If snape stays hidden the only purpose they serve is to confuse the seer. They are on the good team right? I think snape should come out and tell us who they are so that a) the seer doesn't waste a pick and the village a lynch as a result and b) a bad guy cant claim to be snape later in the game hoping that the real one has died.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or am i missing something in that it helps the bad guys if he comes out?

would cause too much confusion and i reckon that would play into their hands, if i was a wolf i would come up with something like that and have volder claim snape, 50/50 as to it working, if we lynch volder but he doesn't die and harry would have to sacrifice himself,

If i was a wolf i would trade a wolf for the 2 confirmed villagers (harry and snape) and a safety net from 2 lynches for the rest of the wolf members and a butt load of confusion to hide in because i guarantee you that the fake snape would play havoc trying to get the priest to leave clues, it also dwindles down their own seer peek suspects in finding the priest, seer or bodyguard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

is the sorting hat a harry potter thing? or am I missing something?

• Advertisement

Andy I could be wrong but Harry has to die for Vold to die so he will need to be dead to win the game so he will always be a kill.

So its not 2 for 1 as harry needs to die for a village win. If we get 2 claims kill both dont listen to anything they have to say?

Uriel. wrote: »
    is the sorting hat a harry potter thing? or am I missing something?

There is a few things in the OP im not quite getting but presume its the hidden stuff

**Voldemort can't die if Harry is alive. Harrys scar will hurt if Voldemort is attacked, and Harry can sacrifice himself to kill Voldemort, however, if he chooses self sacrifice, he must fight alone.**

Anyone know what "must fight alone" might mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

**Voldemort can't die if Harry is alive. Harrys scar will hurt if Voldemort is attacked, and Harry can sacrifice himself to kill Voldemort, however, if he chooses self sacrifice, he must fight alone.**

Anyone know what "must fight alone" might mean?
    I was just thinking the same thing

Andy I could be wrong but Harry has to die for Vold to die so he will need to be dead to win the game so he will always be a kill.

So its not 2 for 1 as harry needs to die for a village win. If we get 2 claims kill both dont listen to anything they have to say?

Vold can't be lynched successfully until harry dies is how I'm reading it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Sorry was down in dublin for american football for the day and slept on the way home will catch up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is it a munching first in the morning? Before we get to kill anyone?

andy125 wrote: »

Ya but if we try lynch Vold harry knows about it and just kills himself to kill Vold?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Hi fellow students! Just seeing this thread now. Rules are seemingly simple with one baddie team and 1 SK but the little quirks make it seem difficult. I need to reread the OP about 7 more times. Also, somewhat annoyingly, I was supposed to mod this game with Cross and I had half planned for a Harry Potter game. :o Glad it all worked out in the end though! :pac::cool:

Presumably the mods are going to leave us stew for a while regarding the rules but excited to see how everything comes out!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Is it a munching first in the morning? Before we get to kill anyone?

Yeah, traditionally the games start with a munch to rile us up so that we want to lynch someone. For the baddies the first munch is essentially random.

Ya but if we try lynch Vold harry knows about it and just kills himself to kill Vold?

Not sure if vold would die or we would have to lynch again

My first bad juju award goes to Lord tsc :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My default position is to not trust you anyway :P

Not sure if vold would die or we would have to lynch again

A few interpitations on this I guess.

So maybe Harry can kill himself so we can kill Vold
    or
    He self sacrafices and has to perform a task to kill him

Just hypotesising

Why would wolves actively try to kill harry?

• Advertisement

Good point. So the best thing for the village is for Harry to die early?

Good point. So the best thing for the village is for Harry to die early?

Am I reading Andys post wrong or what

He was saying we cant lynch Vold untill Harry is dead is all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

A few interpitations on this I guess.

So maybe Harry can kill himself so we can kill Vold
    or
    He self sacrafices and has to perform a task to kill him

Just hypotesising

I think the task think is likely or, Maybe he can swap himself in in place of the lynchee and that's his sacrifice?

Am I reading Andys post wrong or what

He was saying we cant lynch Vold untill Harry is dead is all?

He's correct about that i think. As long as harry is alive a vold lynch would be a miss or an escape. Harry is then informed that there was attempt made. I think the same would be for an sk kill btw. Harry is informed that an attempt was made but it is less obvious who vold is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

there has to be some trick involved in the whole Harry/ Voldemort thing the risk of a failed lynch is too big a clue for the village....

Sully is a scientist people, she likes to do mean experiments!!!

Sorry was down in dublin for american football for the day and slept on the way home will catch up

Do you play raze? Vipers?

there has to be some trick involved in the whole Harry/ Voldemort thing the risk of a failed lynch is too big a clue for the village....

Sully is a scientist people, she likes to do mean experiments!!!

sure we all live inside a live simulator so its grand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Really, the first? Theres at least one other baddie showing i reckon and some goodies :)

tritium wrote: »
    Really, the first? Theres at least one other baddie showing i reckon and some goodies :)

Its been hard to feel much since we broke up :( but Lord gave me the willies alright :D the dirty fecker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Its been hard to feel much since we broke up :( but Lord gave me the willies alright :D the dirty fecker

He did what to you!!!!

Grumpy is my vote for #1 dodgy character - wolfy as feck i tells ya :)

Advertisement