Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWX: Hogwarts goes to war

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ah come on QB, if you want me to take you at your word that you're a NRV you have to at least try to help the village.

Who do you think the wolves are? it doesn't matter if you're wrong, but you have to have some suspicions.

Ah yeah, everybody comes at me with daggers, but you still want my help. But when I'm helpful I get accused again.

I'm going out "bowling" in 15 minutes by the way (actually meeting a friend for coffee), so just to let you know I will be offline for a bit. Should be back around 9, in time to get lynched.

I believe QB lets kill Vale tonight to be on the safeside

"Bowling" is that what the kids are calling it these days

• Registered Users Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

While Danmans play may not be what we consider the normal I see no reason to take it as anything else but the truth untill another seer appeared. Which a third wold would never do if he has caught two. So today is the last day for counterclaims as we know all the roles of the dead so far after tonight it'll be a mystery.

So taking it all as the truth

3. quickbeam (B)
    4. y0ssar1an22
    5. dottie_lottie
    6. partyjungle (G)
    7. sKeith
    10. Strawberry Milkshake (G)
    13. Lord TSC (G)
    14. Raze_them_all
    15. The_Valeyard (B)
    16. grumpylumpy (G)
    18. Dan man (G)
    19. EMF2010
    20. MicksJaguar (G)
    21. MrsFlushdraw

Leaving this as unkwons with 2 baddies

4. y0ssar1an22
    5. dottie_lottie
    7. sKeith
    14. Raze_them_all
    19. EMF2010
    21. MrsFlushdraw

so 2 baddies out of 6. lets assume i am bad (alot of you seem to think so), that means seer peeking me is a waste. Now they have 1/5 chance of peeking bad player, really a 2/5 chance cos I’m good. They peek tonight, hopefully strike lucky. Haggy must protect tonight seer cos SK will be after seer tonight.
    Another peek tomorrow night. Tomorrow night list is down to 5. Again assume I’m bad, list is down to 4. Hopefully you strike lucky.

When I get home I’l do some research and let you know who I think are the baddies.
    means seer will not check me

so 2 baddies out of 6. lets assume i am bad (alot of you seem to think so), that means seer peeking me is a waste. Now they have 1/5 chance of peeking bad player, really a 2/5 chance cos I’m good. They peek tonight, hopefully strike lucky. Haggy must protect tonight seer cos SK will be after seer tonight.
    Another peek tomorrow night. Tomorrow night list is down to 5. Again assume I’m bad, list is down to 4. Hopefully you strike lucky.

When I get home I’l do some research and let you know who I think are the baddies.
    means seer will not check me

or you can peek me to prove my innocense

• Advertisement

I know there's this....
    sullivlo wrote: »
    8) Don’t be a sensitive soul. While boards own forum rules clearly take precedence over any in-game rules that I have, this is a game where people will be insulted, there will be some bad language and people will try to provoke a reaction out of each other. Please accept this is part of the game and don’t go annoying the mods with the report post button unless really needed.

But I was seriously pissed off by ....
    quickbeam wrote: »
    I have. But I wouldn't want to come across as to helpful by sharing. Might make me look wolfie now :P

yeah god forbid you share your info with the village and help us

And ...
    WOLF

When I'd answered PJ's query. So excuse me if I'm not going to continue to be helpful any more.

I feel I'm not very good at this game, so "helpful" is all I have to add, and it hits a sore spot maybe when that's questioned. I think I've been plenty helpful this game, like:
    Here
    Here
    Here
    Here
    Here
    Here

All just from the first 6 pages as I can't be bothered going beyond.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I believe QB lets kill Vale tonight to be on the safeside

I don't believe QB, but think he's protesting at this level in a bid to protect Vale for some reason. So I'm in agreement that Vale should be tonight target, and have registered as such.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I don't believe QB, but think he's protesting at this level in a bid to protect Vale for some reason. So I'm in agreement that Vale should be tonight target, and have registered as such.

"She" FFS!

No. I really want out. I've even told the mods so. Not that I've asked to be modkilled as that wouldn't be fair to the game, but I do want out.

We could try lynch one of the baddies tonight then peek the last one after and itd be game over..

Itd be bad strategy but epic craic

"She" FFS!

Ok, on this....I know I'm useless with the he/she sort of stuff, cause I don't really know many of ye from outside the game, so I do offer my utmost apologies if I mix up pronouns. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

I'm back home and almost finished catching up on reading.
    I see a few are remarking that I played the role very unorthodox but it made most sense to me to play it how I did.
    On the first day I was obscure and under the radar, my peak on Strawberry didn't uncover anything unusual, she is good.

Day 2, again I succeeded in remaining obscure and with no info to go on, why would I come out then? My peak that night went to quickbeam as she was coming across as suspicious. The result confirmed she is evil.

So no reason to come out at that point as I was still not in line for a lynch and was hoping to glean as much info as possible.

All of a sudden last night there came a huge campaign against me out of the blue. Why did I risk being lynched? Simple answer, I had left solid info in my posts that night stating I was voting quickbeam and not changing. I knew that if I was killed and the priest confirmed I was the seer then some users would really be in the spotlight. Such as The Vale Yard who suddenly drummed up an attempt to get rid of me (no idea if they peaked and discovered I was the seer).

So when I survived the lynch then I naturally chose to peak on him. And sure enough the answer was that he is evil.

I was contemplating last night on staying hidden in the attempt to get one more night out of it, especially when Mick was asking the seer to peak on me... I thought that gave me a chance to stay hidden from the wolves by protesting not to peak on me as it would be a waste. But too much at stake for that because if the priest was killed and I came out as seer after, then any wolf could claim he was the seer and throw me under the bus (especially since everyone got suspicious of me).

I would like consensus from the established good team on who I should peak on tonight (and tomorrow if I am protected).

That wolf post was tongue in cheek.

I'm probably voting Vale. He hasn't put up much resistance. I'd like to hear from Dan again though

No. I really want out. I've even told the mods so. Not that I've asked to be modkilled as that wouldn't be fair to the game, but I do want out.

Just on this.

If you genuinely feel that way, it's massively unfair to ask the village to waste a kill on you this late in the game. If you want to leave, fair enough but trying to get us to spend a lynching on you means we'd have to waste the kill. If your telling the truth, it makes me even more inclined to want us to go after Vale.

Plus the fact we have no counter claim speaks volumes. Vale and quickbeam are not pointing the finger at each other either and as someone said, if they aren't evil and I am, then who are my accomplices? Or am I the SK? And if so, who are the wolves? Would love to hear their answers.

I'm probably voting Vale. He hasn't put up much resistance. I'd like to hear from Dan again though

I read your mind it seems as I posted just before you :D

Dan man wrote: »
    I'm back home and almost finished catching up on reading.
    I see a few are remarking that I played the role very unorthodox but it made most sense to me to play it how I did.
    On the first day I was obscure and under the radar, my peak on Strawberry didn't uncover anything unusual, she is good.

Day 2, again I succeeded in remaining obscure and with no info to go on, why would I come out then? My peak that night went to quickbeam as she was coming across as suspicious. The result confirmed she is evil.

So no reason to come out at that point as I was still not in line for a lynch and was hoping to glean as much info as possible.

All of a sudden last night there came a huge campaign against me out of the blue. Why did I risk being lynched? Simple answer, I had left solid info in my posts that night stating I was voting quickbeam and not changing. I knew that if I was killed and the priest confirmed I was the seer then some users would really be in the spotlight. Such as The Vale Yard who suddenly drummed up an attempt to get rid of me (no idea if they peaked and discovered I was the seer).

So when I survived the lynch then I naturally chose to peak on him. And sure enough the answer was that he is evil.

I was contemplating last night on staying hidden in the attempt to get one more night out of it, especially when Mick was asking the seer to peak on me... I thought that gave me a chance to stay hidden from the wolves by protesting not to peak on me as it would be a waste. But too much at stake for that because if the priest was killed and I came out as seer after, then any wolf could claim he was the seer and throw me under the bus (especially since everyone got suspicious of me).

I would like consensus from the established good team on who I should peak on tonight (and tomorrow if I am protected).

This makes so much sense. I didn't understand at all why you were the only one who went for QB at the time. My hats off to you. Having two evils is a good enough time to come out.

I queried why it made me a wolf and you didn't answer.

Just on this.

If you genuinely feel that way, it's massively unfair to ask the village to waste a kill on you this late in the game. If you want to leave, fair enough but trying to get us to spend a lynching on you means we'd have to waste the kill. If your telling the truth, it makes me even more inclined to want us to go after Vale.

Fair enough. But tonight, tomorrow, I don't see why it makes a difference to yous.

This makes so much sense. I didn't understand at all why you were the only one who went for QB at the time. My hats off to you. Having two evils is a good enough time to come out.

You will see in my post last night to mick when he asked the seer to peak on me that when I was contemplating remaining hidden I still posted clearly the names of quickbeam and The ValeYard (I peaked on him just before that). So if I was killed while trying to eek out one more day then the priest would confirm I was the seer and you would easily find the names of those two wolves from my post.
    But staying hidden beyond that made no sense to me after I thought it through as the priest could (and was killed) and then who would believe I was the seer if I waited until after. And if the bodyguard protected the priest and the wolves went for me then I thought I better clear strawberry's name as she is good and one less of the list of unknowns to worry about.

Fair enough. But tonight, tomorrow, I don't see why it makes a difference to yous.

Are you Vlod or the SK?

• Advertisement

i'm currently looking at RTA and EMF's posts to try to find anything suspicious. anyone wanna look at the other 4 potentials?

look for interactions with QB, vale and gufc, or lack thereof as the case may be

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

i'm currently looking at RTA and EMF's posts to try to find anything suspicious. anyone wanna look at the other 4 potentials?

look for interactions with QB, vale and gufc, or lack thereof as the case may be

my interactions with gufc were about american football , have a good look

my interactions with gufc were about american football , have a good look

no need to be so defensive

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Just had a very quick catch up on mobile. Still up for lynching vale.

Skeith we're going around in circles here so if you have a valuable theory sharing it at least in part with the village might be a good idea.

It could inform who I protect, who the seer peeks, who we lynch.

We've a lot of decisions to make in the next few hours and the current back and forth is only getting us so far.

no need to be so defensive

Its not, YOu asked about my interactions i told you them

Last night Dan attack timeline
    all dans post. not much there. maybe the SK not knowing what to post?
    I feel Dan Man should be peaked.
    I'm thinking of changing to Dan Man
    I feel he was ;)

I have a suspicion Dan is a wolf, based on someone's post early in the game. But I don't think it's been pushed too heavily since then, so I'm not sure if that's because...

1. I'm reading the post wrong
    2. He's a wolf but not a vital one
    3. He's Voldemort, so there's a fear of hitting him and "wasting" a lynching until Harry goes...

I'm debating Mahana, qb, and Dan Man. Also have doubts about StBerry.

Mahama (could be villager, playing that role anyhow)

QB (organised, could be scheming)

Dan Man (quiet, wolf in shadows)

Strawberry (quick to accuse and see what sticks, previous wolf tactic)
    :( ok. I don't think I've ever been hung before so that'll be a first. I'm switching to Dan.

Seriously thinking of switching also.
    EMF2010 wrote: »
    I'm flip flopping all over the place with my vote. Raze/ QB / Mahama....I.might just pick a name from a (sorting) hat at this rate!

Think about Dan
    Right. I'll switch to Dan also. Giving you the benefit of what your saying is true as villager role here. If Lord is right, Dan is wolf, I'd say we lynch

I went Mahma in self preservation, I know im good so i wont be offering myself up for the execution
    I've been proven right time and time again about low posters, especially new wolves.
    actually will vote dan since thats the way tides are turning

mahamageehad (6) - micksjaguar, partyjungle, quickbeam, dottie, mrsflushdraw, emf2010
    Dan man (6) - y0ssar1an, mahamageehad, The Valeyard, Lord TSC, raze them all, sKeith

Yes they would sac a player, but the priest would confirm if it was wolf or not

Was this a nod to your american football wolfy buddy in the deadroom? :cool:

Was this a nod to your american football wolfy buddy in the deadroom? :cool:

lol no, I explained why i wasnt posting, gufc asked my team name, where he siad vipers, We played his team last year, so i know he knows what its like to be thge next day after a long travel, he used that well and would of had me siding with him if he wasnt killed

EMF2010 wrote: »
    RIP Andy and Uriel

So Amanda (still alive, yay!) should just confirm Andy as one of the G3 and let us know if Uriel was a death eater/wolf or student/villager but NOT say if they were bodyguard based on G3 instructions right?

just going through the posts here. this stuck out to me in a big way. amanda to confirm if uriel was a death eater or student. what about the SK?
    is it because you are the SK?

• Advertisement

Theory Time (yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah)

A few things we kinda been presuming or maybe it was just me that QB and Vale are wolfs but Danman made the point just there that he may have been peeked, which is possible Vale was going on about low posters. If he was then they would know he was the seer and have wanted rid, looking back at last nights votes

mahamageehad (6) - micksjaguar, partyjungle, quickbeam, dottie, mrsflushdraw, emf2010
    Dan man (6) - y0ssar1an, mahamageehad, The Valeyard, Lord TSC, raze them all, sKeith

QB voted to save him more or less. So maybe she is the sk and the Yoss raze or SK are 2 or the 3 remaining wolves

Advertisement