Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWX: Hogwarts goes to war

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Nice video Lord TSC. It reminded me of strongbad's the 'system is down' song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Alright, im confused already. I need to reread this thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

tritium wrote: »
    He did what to you!!!!

Grumpy is my vote for #1 dodgy character - wolfy as feck i tells ya :)

Yea something off about grumpy, hope she doesnt kill me now for saying that :D

I'd had grumpy as being more good then bad so I'll watch Andy and Trit (sorry :( )

MicksJaguar 20
    andy125 18
    grumpylumpy 17
    gufc21 12
    dottie_lottie 10
    tritium 7
    quickbeam 7
    Strawberry Milkshake 7
    Lord TSC 6
    Uriel. 3
    EMF2010 3
    mahamageehad 3
    Dan man 2
    The_Valeyard 2
    MrsFlushdraw 2
    y0ssar1an22 1
    sullivlo 1
    partyjungle 1
    sKeith 1

raze_them_all_ 1

• Advertisement

1. mahamageehad
    2. tritium
    3. quickbeam
    4. y0ssar1an22
    5. dottie_lottie
    6. partyjungle
    7. sKeith
    8. gufc21
    9. Digital Solitude Amandadon
    10. Strawberry Milkshake
    11. Jayop
    12. andy125
    13. Lord TSC
    14. Raze_them_all
    15. The_Valeyard
    16. grumpylumpy
    17. Uriel.
    18. Dan man
    19. EMF2010
    20. MicksJaguar
    21. MrsFlushdraw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

gufc21 wrote: »
    Do you play raze? Vipers?

a gufc, lost today 9-8 missed two bloody field goals we did, was a tough one to lose, pitch was a mudbowl

Morning :)

There's only one player I have a good feeling about. The rest of you are BOLD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Ah, the silence before the storm!! Is much at 9 or 10?

Ah, the silence before the storm!! Is much at 9 or 10?

5) Game starts with a wolf slaughter to be revealed at 10am tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its been hard to feel much since we broke up :( but Lord gave me the willies alright :D the dirty fecker

Any particular reason? :)

Being honest, my initial reactions at the moment are to be suspicious of anyone who was advocating Snape come forward before the munch, since it just gives the wolves an easy target for the munch.

The Pettigrew role was the one that caught my eye as well. Not being able trust if everyone is good, in spite of a check?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Any particular reason? :)

Being honest, my initial reactions at the moment are to be suspicious of anyone who was advocating Snape come forward before the munch, since it just gives the wolves an easy target for the munch.

The Pettigrew role was the one that caught my eye as well. Not being able trust if everyone is good, in spite of a check?

Yeah but it's balanced. They also see one of us as bad.

Yeah but it's balanced. They also see one of us as bad.

I'm an idiot sorry.

Presumably if Crouch does a seer check and it comes back bad, they know it's either Draco or Snape. So actually that swings that role in their favour too. :/ So we have 4 potential outcomes for every seer check- looks bad and is bad, looks bad and is good (Snape), looks good and is bad (Pettigrew), looks good and is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Amandadon

Morning all. OK so the seer probably only comes useful later in the game when we start working who each person was. There is no way to trust his peeks at the start of the game so h's best to conceal himself for as long as he can to get as much information as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Amandadon wrote: »
    Morning all. OK so the seer probably only comes useful later in the game when we start working who each person was. There is no way to trust his peeks at the start of the game so h's best to conceal himself for as long as he can to get as much information as possible.

As a new victim, ahem, I mean participant, in relation to the seer, it is also important to know that Andy is always the seer. ALWAYS! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Mick, what was the reason for singling out RTA in your list? just curious.

Just up and read all the thoughts on snape. I kind of thought once I read it that it was a good idea. Yes it makes Snape a target but it also will give the seer another night to get a peek if the wolves go for him.

Yes a wolf can claim the role but that would mean flushing out a wolf for us as the real snape can stand up to. So we can get a wolf right away. So it seems a good risk imo.

The jury is out on grumpy, something not sitting right with her. Although part of me thinks, how can someone bink role AGAIN! pffft.

I have Mick in team good, maybe he just has his serious head on but there is something in his posts when he is team evil that makes him stand out.

There was someone else who asked/said something that rang some bells, but will need to go back over the posts as I can't remember who it was now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Amandadon wrote: »

When you have a person who is a wolf that shows good you can NEVER trust a seer peek. It is only once someone is dead we know for sure. Been in the position where I have been peeked a few times and no one believed me I was a villager (which I was) It is as frustrating as hell.

We just have to get rid of that character and we can use the See properly. But that is the difficult thing.

Actually... maybe can this person come forward to clear this up :D

"- Peter Pettigrew is an interesting character. Due to his time as Scabbers the rat, he appears as good to the seer. "

When you have a person who is a wolf that shows good you can NEVER trust a seer peek. It is only once someone is dead we know for sure. Been in the position where I have been peeked a few times and no one believed me I was a villager (which I was) It is as frustrating as hell.

We just have to get rid of that character and we can use the See properly. But that is the difficult thing.

Actually... maybe can this person come forward to clear this up :D

"- Peter Pettigrew is an interesting character. Due to his time as Scabbers the rat, he appears as good to the seer. "

Priest is the most important player in this game, without him the seer is useless,

If the seer gets 2 wolf hits they should consider coming out if they reckon there is a good chance they are going to die, that would be the only reason I think to come forward before the priest

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Everyone's always suspicious of me! When I'm quiet I'm singled out for a low poster, when I post a lot everyone wonders what changed. Leave grumpy alone!

I was suss of trit yesterday for asking lots of fairly inane questions. For example about the fat lady. A quick google would reveal it as a HP reference. And about bad teams communicating.

Bit suss of gufc for trying to get friendly with raze over his football antics. Thatseems to be a wolfy tactic.

ANd Mick a bit for jumping on the whole encouraging snape to come out thing, but not sold on that.

Also if I die lynch grumpy then gufc

• Advertisement

Everyone's always suspicious of me! When I'm quiet I'm singled out for a low poster, when I post a lot everyone wonders what changed. Leave grumpy alone!

I was suss of trit yesterday for asking lots of fairly inane questions. For example about the fat lady. A quick google would reveal it as a HP reference. And about bad teams communicating.

Bit suss of gufc for trying to get friendly with raze over his football antics. Thatseems to be a wolfy tactic.

ANd Mick a bit for jumping on the whole encouraging snape to come out thing, but not sold on that.

What about me grumps?

andy125 wrote: »
    What about me grumps?

You seem grand to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I too thought that was odd, I'm also suss of mahama

I'm waiting on my nct now so I'll elaborate on reasons when I get in front of a computer, if I survive til then!

You seem grand to me!

Well that's a death sentence

Well that's a death sentence

Is it? Am I being naive? You seem to be shaking the tree to see what falls out. Didn't register anything suspicious to me. Haven't cleared you or anything like. And never got a good read on you in previous games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I think Mick gave Trit an STD and they've both grown fur since the last game.

I too thought that was odd, I'm also suss of mahama

I'm waiting on my nct now so I'll elaborate on reasons when I get in front of a computer, if I survive til then!

Oh Lordy Dottie, what have I done to get on your bad side? Don't people that you get suspicious of tend to... Disappear? :P

Seriously I'm reserving all judgement on everyone for now except Flush who I always think is a wolf. Will start to make up my mind after the munch.

Priest is the most important player in this game, without him the seer is useless,

If the seer gets 2 wolf hits they should consider coming out if they reckon there is a good chance they are going to die, that would be the only reason I think to come forward before the priest
    100% agreed. If we lose the priest, we're playing half blind. Bodyguard needs to figure out priest fast and protect them. I wouldn't call the seer useless exactly, but the information isn't exactly trustworthy. Ideally we need to keep the seer alive for as long as possible too. The Harry character could actually end up being important too?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Fair warning in case I get munched.

I'm Snape.

I see no reason not to come forward right before the munch, hopefully surviving. The role sucks for me, cause it sets me up to be doubted for the rest of the game but if I get munched without coming forward, the wolves will be able to use the excuse as well. I'm waiting till right before the munch so I don't present them with a free villager kill, and hopefully remove that play from their play book.

There's no real advantage to staying hidden beyond this, and no one has presented a reason not too. The longer I wait, the more likely people will think I am a baddie and using it as a late game excuse. So if I survive, may as well expose myself as the Half Blood Prince now and get it over with, and let ye make your minds up about what to do with me.

If I die, I suspect everyone who pushed early for me to reveal myself ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

My morning suspects list is the following in order of level of wolfiness
    -Grumpy (her defence is also quite wolfey btw so id go with andys suggestion here)
    -Lord tsc
    -Possibly strawberry
    -Need to watch sKeith but unsure right now
    Probably one wolf still to show their hand

I also have a pretty good inkling that EMF2010 is draco malfoy

Disagree with andy for the moment on gufc, though i think andy is a villager, as is gufc for now. Mick also seems ok.

Advertisement