Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWX: Hogwarts goes to war

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

not sure if im online before 2 tomorrow, but place my vote for emf if im not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

not sure i know how to do that.

oh, you were speaking to the genie that disappeared, .. sorry :)

okay, going to bed, someone else hold the fort till morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

sKeith wrote: »
    okay, going to bed, someone else hold the fort till morning.

I've got you covered sKeith :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Morning all, so I see I've become a real suspect over night, which I understand. I haven't posted as much and it's partly down to being new to the game and partly down to being busier than expected. For those that do suspect me, could they point to anything other than a low post count, to explain my guilt?

I'm especially curious as to why Dottie, who I don't think has mentioned me before in her list of suspects, suddenly has me at the top of her list...could it be that you're taking one final instruction from your leader, Voldemort? That QB voted for me so now I'm suspect number one?

Because I'm now convinced that Dottie is the last wolf and to be fair, she has played a blinder. I think she overplayed her hand last night though. It was after MrsFD said something about going through Dottie's posts that Dottie came out with her 'I was going to claim bodyguard to confuse the wolves' story. I do think that she was posting to try to make it look like she was the bodyguard alright but I think it was to lure the real BG out. I notice that she only started to post about it AFTER Grumpy had used the one obvious BG power of trapping someone with Aragog.

This bit below is particularly telling though:
    When the G3 and all the goodies came out on thread on Monday, I was like well what can I add now I'm just a cannon fodder villager so I made a plan, and started talking loads about hagrid, trying to drop hints for the wolves that I was the bodyguard, in the hopes that they'sd munch me and leave the real BG.

my plan was TOTALLY scuppered when grumpy outed herself, which is why I kept saying on thread that I didn't believe her, I thought I could pull it back and convince the wolves I was the BG but noone was biting, and then grumpy got munched so no point claiming it when I couldnt back it up with real protection.

If you were planning to be cannon fodder, why not claim BG and point to all of the hints you'd dropped BEFORE Grumpy got munched? It might not have worked but it might have thrown a spanner in the works and created some confusion among the wolves about who to go for. Problem was, you needed Grumpy dead.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Can people lost them 1-4 in order of suspicions? And I'd include the four in question in that request too, since I'm of the belief we have one wolf and one SK, so they won't be working together presumably....

My list in order is

Dottie
    MrsFD
    sKeith

As I said before, MrsFD I'm only like 60% sure on, and the only thing that struck me about sKeith was his kind of erratic posting yesterday when he was throwing accusations around for fun.

MrsFD
    Dottie
    Keith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

MrsFD
    Dottie
    Keith

why only 3 strawbs?

EMF2010 wrote: »

I'm especially curious as to why Dottie, who I don't think has mentioned me before in her list of suspects, suddenly has me at the top of her list...could it be that you're taking one final instruction from your leader, Voldemort? That QB voted for me so now I'm suspect number one?

No, that's not it, we know there are 4 unknowns left and I'm one of them, I know what my role is so I have to pick where I think other people fall on that list. If you look at my whole list you'll note I haven't actually been suss of any of those three people up to now, but evidence that I've been wrong in my lack of suspicion is compelling me to look at all three of you because I know I'm a villager so one of the other three has to be lying.

Because I'm now convinced that Dottie is the last wolf and to be fair, she has played a blinder. I think she overplayed her hand last night though. It was after MrsFD said something about going through Dottie's posts that Dottie came out with her 'I was going to claim bodyguard to confuse the wolves' story. I do think that she was posting to try to make it look like she was the bodyguard alright but I think it was to lure the real BG out. I notice that she only started to post about it AFTER Grumpy had used the one obvious BG power of trapping someone with Aragog.

it was after MrsFD said that, it was also after we made a list of who was left that was unconfirmed MrsFD wasn't the only one who said she was going to review my posts either, we're all reviewing each others posts, people have been looking at each others posts all game, that's how the game works, I haven't done anything that requires me to cover my tracks.

Also Think with your logical brain for a sec, WHY would I claim BG as an evil player? it makes no sense, if I was a wolf claiming BG, it would be obvious I was lying when I didn't die at the hand of the wolves, if I was an SK claiming BG, the wolves would kill me, either way I wouldn't be here having this absurd conversation with you cos I'd be in the deadroom. In addition to that, if I was evil and did this whole BG thing for some kind of sadist lols, WHY WOULD I COP TO IT NOW? there is literally no benefit to me doing it.

Furthermore(!) why would I so doggedly go after QB for 2 days in a row if I was working with her? like yeah it's normal for wolves to have a bit of an on thread spat for show, but I'll admit I was more than a little aggressive with her (sorry QB) and yes I was aggressive with raze and it turned out he was good, I got it wrong, he's doing a MrsFD and playing the game wolfey AF. I stand my the things I said, if you're not actively contributing to the game you're helping the wolves by creating confusion. That's still true regardless. [/QUOTE]

Is your suspicion of me only based on the BG thing EMF?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,925 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

for me

1. mrs f
    2. dottie
    3. skeith
    4. emf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,925 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

target for today, between is all to make 190 posts, well 189 now

why only 3 strawbs?

Because I is stupid Dotts!

4. EMF

No, that's not it, we know there are 4 unknowns left and I'm one of them, I know what my role is so I have to pick where I think other people fall on that list. If you look at my whole list you'll note I haven't actually been suss of any of those three people up to now, but evidence that I've been wrong in my lack of suspicion is compelling me to look at all three of you because I know I'm a villager so one of the other three has to be lying.

Well, actually, if you WERE a villager then 2 of the other 3 would have to be lying. :pac:

it was after MrsFD said that, it was also after we made a list of who was left that was unconfirmed MrsFD wasn't the only one who said she was going to review my posts either, we're all reviewing each others posts, people have been looking at each others posts all game, that's how the game works, I haven't done anything that requires me to cover my tracks.

Also Think with your logical brain for a sec, WHY would I claim BG as an evil player? it makes no sense, if I was a wolf claiming BG, it would be obvious I was lying when I didn't die at the hand of the wolves, if I was an SK claiming BG, the wolves would kill me, either way I wouldn't be here having this absurd conversation with you cos I'd be in the deadroom. In addition to that, if I was evil and did this whole BG thing for some kind of sadist lols, WHY WOULD I COP TO IT NOW? there is literally no benefit to me doing it.

Furthermore(!) why would I so doggedly go after QB for 2 days in a row if I was working with her? like yeah it's normal for wolves to have a bit of an on thread spat for show, but I'll admit I was more than a little aggressive with her (sorry QB) and yes I was aggressive with raze and it turned out he was good, I got it wrong, he's doing a MrsFD and playing the game wolfey AF. I stand my the things I said, if you're not actively contributing to the game you're helping the wolves by creating confusion. That's still true regardless.

Is your suspicion of me only based on the BG thing EMF?

Yeah it is pretty much it. You weren't on my radar at all before now. You say that if you were a wolf claiming BG it would be obvious when you didn't die and if you were SK they'd have killed you. That would be totally true IF YOU'D ACTUALLY CLAIMED IT. Instead, you hinted at it, knowing you were safe from wolf kills coz you were a wolf. The purpose it served was to make people suspicious of the real BG when they claimed it, and it worked because people were suspicious of Grumpy.

As for the aggressive questioning of QB, well, I'll need to go back and see when it started. If it started after Dan outed her as evil then it's totally sensible to do...go after her in the hopes of distancing yourself.

As for the aggressive questioning of QB, well, I'll need to go back and see when it started. If it started after Dan outed her as evil then it's totally sensible to do...go after her in the hopes of distancing yourself.

Be my guest, I've nothing to hide!

TBH, I think the confirmed villagers should be the ones asking the questions, they can be impartial.

You're slinging mud at me EMF cos you're trying to defend yourself, but if you're also a villager it will look real stupid us wasting time on each other.

I don't have a read on the other 3 I haven't all game so I can't add any more in terms of speculation.

If the village decides to lynch me so be it, my death will give the remaining villagers info and they can take it home from there I don't need to be alive for a villager win. That's been my stance all game

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

TBH, I think the confirmed villagers should be the ones asking the questions, they can be impartial.

Actually, I'm as happy to sit back and see reactions tbh :P

I've not got a read on anything at the moment.

My instinct is EMF as wolf and MrsF as SK. I'm not 100% sure on Dottie, but an initial read of her defence earlier swayed me a bit.

I'm still not sure what to make of QB voting for EMF in the lynch, whether it was a bluff, double bluff or triple bluff.

I've got to go out for 2 hours. Will ponder, but my initial guess would be to vote EMF.

We should be trying to get the SK, Lord.

Game over at the lynch if we do.

I'm not slinging mud Dottie, just pointing out my suspicions, and if I'm wrong I'll apologise...but I dont think I am.

EMF2010 wrote:
    I'm not slinging mud Dottie, just pointing out my suspicions, and if I'm wrong I'll apologise...but I dont think I am.

Then start work on it now pet, cos its gonna be an epic apology. I'll bake you some humble pie to go with it

WerewolfGM wrote:
    Win conditions are standard. Win Conditions Village/DA win when there are no more Death Eaters and the Draco is also dead.

Strawberry that's incorrect we have to kill both baddies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

The Death Eaters have just been on to me there. They said that they were eager this morning and passed on the message that:

Dan Man tasted like flan.

---

RIP Dan.

---

Lynch form will open momentarily.

---

Lynch - 2pm
    Munch - 4pm
    Lynch - 8pm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Strawberry that's incorrect we have to kill both baddies

Get the wolf and we get two kills for every one of the SKs. Right? We'd churn through unknowns quicker than the SK could get us.

Instinct is to race Mrsf and EMF?

R.I.P. Mad Eye Moody aka Dan the man.

Lord TSC wrote:
    Instinct is to race Mrsf and EMF?

Based on his coming after me v their silences I'd be more inclined to race mrs fd and sKeith.
    Easy for them to sit back and let us duke it out

i think Sm is correct. we get either the wolf or sk in the lynch and if a instant win

sKeith wrote:
    i think Sm is correct. we get either the wolf or sk in the lynch and if a instant win

Except its not, we have to get them all, as per mod clarification

dott, why you say there would be info for us if we killed you. they only way there would be info is if you or a wolf or sk, otherwise, we gain 0 info.

Except its not, we have to get them all, as per mod clarification

sure, but we have to be veryy dumb not to take out the remaining unknowns, which would easily be done if either wolf or sk is dead.

sKeith wrote:
    dott, why you say there would be info for us if we killed you. they only way there would be info is if you or a wolf or sk, otherwise, we gain 0 info.

No if you lynch me and there is 2 kills at munch you know I was telling the truth and there's a 2 in 3 chance unknowns accusing me are wolf/sk

sKeith wrote:
    sure, but we have to be veryy dumb not to take out the remaining unknowns, which would easily be done if either wolf or sk is dead.

Yes but an instant win is a different thing altogether.

• Advertisement

No if you lynch me and there is 2 kills at munch you know I was telling the truth and there's a 2 in 3 chance unknowns accusing me are wolf/sk

thats no info, thats just a miss and exact same sineraio would happen if i get lynched.

Advertisement