Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWX: Hogwarts goes to war

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

andy125 wrote: »
    You were trying to hard to be different this game and you had some naive posts that just didn't sit right it,

Not killing me was your last mistake I reckon

Different in what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

tritium wrote: »
    So im getting munched later then?

Have you annoyed your wolfie pals that much?

(I think I'm getting the hang of this game now :))

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Uriel. wrote: »
    too late now, but one plus of staying hidden is wolf confusion - they still need to find a bad guy (SK). Anyway, not to worry.
    Not the greatest role in the world, so difficult to know how to play it.

Yeah. Its my first time getting a role and I've never seen it used in the previous two games I've played. I did up a list of pros vs cons of staying hidden, and the cons weighed up way too much.

My reckoning is the longer I left revealing myself, the more likely...

1. A wolf genuinely caught by a seer could argue he's Snape, and if I reveal myself post that, it looks like I'm just trying to sow confusion.
    2. Voldermort can argue he's Snape in hopes of luring a lynching onto him.
    3. The seer will see I'm marked as bad, and spend time fighting the case that I'm suspicious.

If I was in the good team's shoes, I'd be keeping me high up the list anyway. If anyone comes out as another Snape, lynch us both. Ive argued in the past I hate people who "give up", so I'll stress I'm not. I just know I've got "bad guy" slapped across my forehead, so may as well embrace it. So all I can do is be 100% honest, accept it and hopefully take a swing at a few wolves before they off me, and try to put forward some logical thoughts along the way.

Fun fact; this is my third game, and I survived both my first two, so I've never been killed. I'm 100% certain I won't make that 3/3 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah. Its my first time getting a role and I've never seen it used in the previous two games I've played. I did up a list of pros vs cons of staying hidden, and the cons weighed up way too much.

My reckoning is the longer I left revealing myself, the more likely...

1. A wolf genuinely caught by a seer could argue he's Snape, and if I reveal myself post that, it looks like I'm just trying to sow confusion.
    2. Voldermort can argue he's Snape in hopes of luring a lynching onto him.
    3. The seer will see I'm marked as bad, and spend time fighting the case that I'm suspicious.

If I was in the good team's shoes, I'd be keeping me high up the list anyway. If anyone comes out as another Snape, lynch us both. Ive argued in the past I hate people who "give up", so I'll stress I'm not. I just know I've got "bad guy" slapped across my forehead, so may as well embrace it. So all I can do is be 100% honest, accept it and hopefully take a swing at a few wolves before they off me, and try to put forward some logical thoughts along the way.

Fun fact; this is my third game, and I survived both my first two, so I've never been killed. I'm 100% certain I won't make that 3/3 :P

Thanks lord, i think unfortunately youre probably right about not making 3/3. Unfortunately we have to assume youre bad and that the real snape has some impediment to revealing so at some point youll be lynched barring a miracle of a village performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

So we have emf, geehead :p, and grumps as initial primary suspects?

• Advertisement

Still unsure why I'm on the list. Because Andy says I'm playing differently based on....?

I'm still looking at gufc and trit primarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

poor jayop. he will sit down to play the game only to realise he has been munched. wolves role hunting or taking out a good player

I think both, but also by munching a low poster, we have no info in their posts to go on

tritium wrote: »
    Thanks lord, i think unfortunately youre probably right about not making 3/3. Unfortunately we have to assume youre bad and that the real snape has some impediment to revealing so at some point youll be lynched barring a miracle of a village performance.

Yeap, I won't take any accusations personally.

Though, fun fact, tomorrow is my birthday, so if ye'all want to want till after that, it would be nice :P

I'd imagine I'll survive a few rounds; wolves won't want to confirm me as good that quick, and villagers will be sniffing round others. But I fully accept my faith when the time comes.

andy125 wrote:
    Not killing me was your last mistake I reckon

Side note: dramatic quotes like this are my fave part of this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Mahama just got on the radar BIG time

"
    RIP Jayop! Had no read on you at all yet so here's hoping you were a baddie!"

How can ANYONE get a read on NOTHING... something not sitting right and think Mahama made a boob there. She would be my lynch target for today anyway.

That's a fierce reach there Flush. Apologies for not knowing the post count of every player. It's difficult to check on a phone in any case. I read through the thread last night before my first posts and didn't reread. Didn't realize til afterwards that Jayop hadn't posted, I just knew he didn't make an impression on me.

To be honest, I threw a few little barbs at you and Dottie and you've massively overreacted. I was messing on you being wolfy previously, but your reaction has been suspicious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

FWIW, Lord, I think you made the right decision. In a game where nothing is ever really 100% sure, you're as close as I have to a confirmed villager now, so that's all to the good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

That's a fierce reach there Flush. Apologies for not knowing the post count of every player. It's difficult to check on a phone in any case. I read through the thread last night before my first posts and didn't reread. Didn't realize til afterwards that Jayop hadn't posted, I just knew he didn't make an impression on me.

To be honest, I threw a few little barbs at you and Dottie and you've massively overreacted. I was messing on you being wolfy previously, but your reaction has been suspicious.

I totally disagree :)

I wonder which of my 4 is it posts that make me wolfy? nice try Mahama!

Anyway RIP Jayop :(

WOW I totally get you now Mahama, I totally overreacted to you. gosh I am such an obious wolf. Really need to tone my posting down a bit when I am accused. Because pointing out I had 4 posts just is just cra cra crazy! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Uriel. wrote: »
    So we have emf, geehead :p, and grumps as initial primary suspects?

Apparently. I don't fancy either though. :P Don't see anything yet strongly against Grumpy. I'd like to wait til this evening to see how everything develops, but I have 2 suspects right now. I also have 2 that I'm convinced are on the good team. :)

Do we have a plan for how we're going to lynch, or are we going to panic and mess it up as usual? :pac: might as well start figuring this out now.

I'd be in favour of an FFA. (For n00bs it's when you post your top three suspicions with the hashtag #FFA1 on day 1, #FFA2 on day 2 etc. The top two or three are then put up for a public vote.) I also see the benefits of blind voting, but only if reasons are given afterwards. Anyone have any preferences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Morning all. RIP Jayop. What time does lynching happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

sKeith wrote: »
    Morning all. RIP Jayop. What time does lynching happen?

How did Jayop taste?

Apparently. I don't fancy either though. :P Don't see anything yet strongly against Grumpy. I'd like to wait til this evening to see how everything develops, but I have 2 suspects right now. I also have 2 that I'm convinced are on the good team. :)

Do we have a plan for how we're going to lynch, or are we going to panic and mess it up as usual? :pac: might as well start figuring this out now.

I'd be in favour of an FFA. (For n00bs it's when you post your top three suspicions with the hashtag #FFA1 on day 1, #FFA2 on day 2 etc. The top two or three are then put up for a public vote.) I also see the benefits of blind voting, but only if reasons are given afterwards. Anyone have any preferences?

I feel like an FFA wouldn't hurt us anyway... It might give the wolfies an opportunity to encourage a voldemort lynch, but then Harry would get tipped off too so probably no real benefit there.

andy125 26
    grumpylumpy 24
    MicksJaguar 22
    dottie_lottie 15
    mahamageehad 13
    tritium 13
    Uriel. 12
    gufc21 12
    quickbeam 11
    Lord TSC 10
    Strawberry Milkshake 9
    MrsFlushdraw 9
    EMF2010 5
    WerewolfGM 2
    raze_them_all_ 2
    y0ssar1an22 2
    Dan man 2
    The_Valeyard 2
    sullivlo 1
    partyjungle 1
    Amandadon 1
    sKeith 1

Is partyjungle always quiet or only when he's a wolf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I previously read FFA as 'free for all'.

For a 1st night I'm always in favour of a blind vote with reasons given after. Less of a chance for bandwagoning. I could go ffa after that, actually maybe an alternating pattern of blind vote and ffa might give us some info?

Also what time is the lynch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

quickbeam wrote: »
    FWIW, Lord, I think you made the right decision. In a game where nothing is ever really 100% sure, you're as close as I have to a confirmed villager now, so that's all to the good.

Yea that post has him down as more villager than not, so if anyone does claim snape after this they are lynched first

• Advertisement

For a 1st night I'm always in favour of a blind vote with reasons given after. Less of a chance for bandwagoning. I could go ffa after that, actually maybe an alternating pattern of blind vote and ffa might give us some info?

Actually revise that 1st night is so random, I think either will work, maybe look at alternating vote systems after that so as not to give wolves traction on vote steering night after night

I previously read FFA as 'free for all'.

Hah! Still never got a good answer as to what it is.

You are right about the bandwagoning though dottie. That got us in a bad way last game

Hah! Still never got a good answer as to what it is.

It is free for all, I think either Jay or digi introduced it a couple of games back

I would kind of agree that the night one lynch is one we decide ourselves. There is a high chance we will have 3 villagers, rolled or non rolled in the mix and the wolves can happily get rid of a villager without worrying about losing a team member.

I plan on voting who I think is a wolf and will explain myself after the lynch. I am not giving the wolves anywhere to hide. Far to easy with a FFA this early in the game. All it takes is a few villagers to do theirs, explain why and the wolves have an insta reason to just back that up and go with them.

Also voting for the blind vote. Think FFAs this early only lets wolves work together to manipulate a vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Lynch grumpy I say

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

What time does lynching happen?
    Also what time is the lynch?

Good questions! Actually nothing in it in the OP. I presume it's 10pm, but we'd need to know for sure.

Mods - could you confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Mod clarification

Yes, lynch will be announced at 10pm.

quickbeam wrote:
    Good questions! Actually nothing in it in the OP. I presume it's 10pm, but we'd need to know for sure.

if Barney is not on GMT though it could be later. He did say something like that in the pregame to thread

• Advertisement

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Mod clarification

Yes, lynch will be announced at 10pm.

AH feck! will have to wait till the morning to see who dies! I am not often up at 11.00pm :o

My hours this week are to be 2-10pm my time so will be home and off to bed!
    But least I will have the game to keep me occupied in my lonely cell :D

Advertisement