Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWX: Hogwarts goes to war

Options

Comments

I'd rather a blind vote aswell tbh with explanations afterwards.

When the time comes for the priest (hopefully) to come out, our numbers should be less and reasons for any blind votes can be dissected further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Mod note

The lynch form uses the word "code" instead of "password".

Google don't appreciate us asking for passwords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

RIP

Jayop

Did he even post?

I hate the first munch and lynch, so little to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Mod note

The lynch form uses the word "code" instead of "password".

Google don't appreciate us asking for passwords.

Just an FYI Mods Jayop is still listed on the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I'd rather a blind vote aswell tbh with explanations afterwards.

When the time comes for the priest (hopefully) to come out, our numbers should be less and reasons for any blind votes can be dissected further.

Is there not a fair chance of accidentally taking out on of our good roles with a blind vote though? With FFA it lets the person know that people think they're suspicious. That gives em a chance to deflect or defend. That's the thing I'm always wary about with blind votes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Is there not a fair chance of accidentally taking out on of our good roles with a blind vote though? With FFA it lets the person know that people think they're suspicious. That gives em a chance to deflect or defend. That's the thing I'm always wary about with blind votes.

Yea blind vote isnt great as it has a chance to kill one of our roles without defence as you say

I reckon a good old fashion lynch race grumpy vs gufc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ok so snape is out.

His only role is to confuse the seer (not the bad team as people have mentioned)... so seer can now ignore. We also have a confirmed nrv in my eyes as i think it would be a terrible move by wolves to claim the role this early.

Andy if my advocating for the seer to have one less person to choose from or to not waste their time pushing for their lynching makes me wolfy, so be it. As far as im concerned we have one confirmed nrv which is a positive start.

andy125 wrote: »
    Yea blind vote isnt great as it has a chance to kill one of our roles without defence as you say

I reckon a good old fashion lynch race grumpy vs gufc

Another thing, the goodies had to do a task so is there a chance they're not even in contact yet? That makes the blind vote even riskier IMO? I think FFA tonight to see how it goes and then review tomorrow?

Why so up on GUFC?

gufc21 wrote: »
    Ok so snape is out.

His only role is to confuse the seer (not the bad team as people have mentioned)... so seer can now ignore. We also have a confirmed nrv in my eyes as i think it would be a terrible move by wolves to claim the role this early.

Andy if my advocating for the seer to have one less person to choose from or to not waste their time pushing for their lynching makes me wolfy, so be it. As far as im concerned we have one confirmed nrv which is a positive start.

Completely agree, I think it was a tough call by Lord but the right one. I'm happy to have him as a confirmed villager for now. Seer only has 3 outcomes now instead of 4- good appears good, bad appears good and bad appears bad. I think that's already a step forward for us.

Side note- does anyone have a workaround for multi quote on mobile?

Side note- does anyone have a workaround for multi quote on mobile?

Its so much effort i haven't bothered, but open your post in a new tab. Got to the old tab and quote a post. Copy and paste it to a new tab and then repeat with another post from the old tab.

• Advertisement

Its so much effort i haven't bothered, but open your post in a new tab. Got to the old tab and quote a post. Copy and paste it to a new tab and then repeat with another post from the old tab.

Puke

Thanks GUFC, I thought as much. Way too much effort. I usually play along mainly via laptop, mobile is a pain in the ass.

Another thing, the goodies had to do a task so is there a chance they're not even in contact yet? That makes the blind vote even riskier IMO? I think FFA tonight to see how it goes and then review tomorrow?

Why so up on GUFC?

Yes it to risky but has its time in place depending how the game lays

Gufc wanted the snape to come out very early and it got me thinking that it would be a good way for them to avoid killing a helpful role to them and also give them a chance to kill a more valuable target to us and get gufc brownie points should snape be believable as lord has been. Lord tsc did it correct in coming out just before munch,

How early he posted it made me think it was something a team had discussed and worked on before posting

And not killing me has him and grumpy on my radar after my posts before munch, one or both are wolves

Gufc wanted the snape to come out very early and it got me thinking that it would be a good way for them to avoid killing a helpful role to them and also give them a chance to kill a more valuable target to us and get gufc brownie points should snape be believable as lord has been. Lord tsc did it correct in coming out just before munch,

How early he posted it made me think it was something a team had discussed and worked on before posting

Tbh Andy im suss of you. I mean I'm not one for you accused me so i accuse you but there are some suss reasonings.

I suggested snape coming out at a time people were talking about the role. It is a confusing role while hidden... for the good team. Snape is useless to the bad team out in the open and infact is a "confirmed" nrv at the end game. They have to munch snape now (at some point) so yet another theory of them not wanting to kill a helpful role is baseless. Its a free lynch for the bad team if the seer peeks snape.

I think your theory on vold claiming the role is also nonsense, especially given that its not even day 1 and snape, the priest and the seer are most definitely alive to contradict him.

I dont get your reasoning behind the "im still alive, said they were wolves, therefore they must be wolves" either. And claiming tigger powers too?? Fishy, fishy, steak.

The lynch at the start of the game is always the riskiest. But an FFA today just lets the baddies hide out. Somewhere in all the accusations so far is one, two or three baddies posting. Gently pushing who they would like lynched forward. Probably throwing 2 or 3 names out there and hoping for traction.

If it were a blind vote, they could not afford to throw a vote on themselves as they wouldn't know who else might pick the same name. That's why I'm staying quiet till the lynch has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

I dont generally like random lynches since i think they nevwr help the village. Happy to go #ffa. If we do my three are
    Grumpy- my #1 pick, defence is pure wolfey
    Emf: already mentioned i think they might be sk
    Strawberry - bit of filler since im not sure yet, one if a few people who could go either way yet

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

I was originally suspicious of GUFC but then Andy's push for me made me suspicious of him because i know he has nothing to go on.

But gufc and andy going at each other it makes me think that they can't both be wolves...

I missed this game but not the utter confusion it brings to me.

Gufcs posts seem more coherent and less defensive than andy's...

The lynch at the start of the game is always the riskiest. But an FFA today just lets the baddies hide out. Somewhere in all the accusations so far is one, two or three baddies posting. Gently pushing who they would like lynched forward. Probably throwing 2 or 3 names out there and hoping for traction.

If it were a blind vote, they could not afford to throw a vote on themselves as they wouldn't know who else might pick the same name. That's why I'm staying quiet till the lynch has happened.

Not following the logic there really Strawberry sorry. How does a FFA allow the baddies to hide out? They're not going to use the same names in their FFA as each other, that'd identify them. I find it unlikely that they'd vote for themselves in a blind vote, but stranger things have happened I guess.

Even with a blind vote, people are mainly going to pick one of the few names thrown around today I reckon. Plus, there's also the chance that those accusing are just doing it to get a reaction, not to sway the vote. I think people accusing at this stage are Probo safer than those staying quiet. Wolves have no reason to interfere and steer the vote unless one of em is up for the chop.

Happy to go with consensus on either option, but FFA feels better to me, not least because it'll start to encourage conversation and we can draw from that. It's been pretty quiet in here so far, seems to be the same few names.

Tbh Andy im suss of you. I mean I'm not one for you accused me so i accuse you but there are some suss reasonings.

I suggested snape coming out at a time people were talking about the role. It is a confusing role while hidden... for the good team. Snape is useless to the bad team out in the open and infact is a "confirmed" nrv at the end game. They have to munch snape now (at some point) so yet another theory of them not wanting to kill a helpful role is baseless. Its a free lynch for the bad team if the seer peeks snape.

I think your theory on vold claiming the role is also nonsense, especially given that its not even day 1 and snape, the priest and the seer are most definitely alive to contradict him.

I dont get your reasoning behind the "im still alive, said they were wolves, therefore they must be wolves" either. And claiming tigger powers too?? Fishy, fishy, steak.

Run against me in the lynch then

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Plus, there's also the chance that those accusing are just doing it to get a reaction, not to sway the vote. I think people accusing at this stage are Probo safer than those staying quiet. Wolves have no reason to interfere and steer the vote unless one of em is up for the chop.

How do you know, though, whether those doing the accusing are just doing it for a reaction or whether they're wolves interfering and steering the vote.

Take Andy for example as somebody who has been very vocal in accusations today, he's either:
    - a goodie looking to get a reaction from grumpy and gufc; or,
    - a wolf trying to steer the votes away from his fellow wolf EMF (say), who's name has been floated about too.

I'm still VERY undecided in today's lynch, I have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

does it matter that I have already cast a vote for the lynching, if we are decided to do this #FFA thing. do do i just make sure that ffa1 = vote cast?

You can always change your vote Keith - right up until 9.59pm tonight.

sKeith wrote: »
    does it matter that I have already cast a vote for the lynching, if we are decided to do this #FFA thing. do do i just make sure that ffa1 = vote cast?

You can keep changing your vote up until lynch time tonight.

quickbeam wrote: »
    How do you know, though, whether those doing the accusing are just doing it for a reaction or whether they're wolves interfering and steering the vote.

Take Andy for example as somebody who has been very vocal in accusations today, he's either:
    - a goodie looking to get a reaction from grumpy and gufc; or,
    - a wolf trying to steer the votes away from his fellow wolf EMF (say), who's name has been floated about too.

I'm still VERY undecided in today's lynch, I have to say.

Suspect post

Seer when younger the chance please peek quickbeam

Lynch race should be me vs gufc for today I gaurentee we will learn oodles of info

Why suspect? Just trying to understand Mahama's thinking as she seemed to contradict herself, saying, on the one hand that those accusing are probably okay, but on the other could be wolves defending their teammates.

Is it because I used you as an example?

Suspect post

Seer when younger the chance please peek quickbeam

Lynch race should be me vs gufc for today I gaurentee we will learn oodles of info

I'd prefer a straight up race or an ffa rather than everyone staying schtum. If no debate or discussion is had we simply use a lynch, with a high chance of hitting a goodie and we gain zero out of it. It's easier for wolves to hide when they don't have to defend themselves.

And there's been enough accusations thrown around already for wolves to justify individual votes following a blind vote.

Why suspect? Just trying to understand Mahama's thinking as she seemed to contradict herself, saying, on the one hand that those accusing are probably okay, but on the other could be wolves defending their teammates.

Its nicely disguised as an example but works indirectly at accusing me and steering onto emf??

Emf was mentioned by whom for what, very random

Seer peek quickbeam

Mahamageehad and quickbeam all wolfied up?

I'm contradicting myself coz I'm conflicted on it. :) You're right though in your other post, serial accusers are either people shaking trees or potentially someone trying to throw heat off someone. It's impossible for us to know. FFA forces everyone to give 3 names though (and reasons) whereas a blind vote only gets us 1 name and reason from each person. As I said, I'm happy to go with either, I just think the former makes more sense. I think it's easier to hide in a blind vote than an FFA. What did ye use in the last game?

Andy, I do think you're acting a little suspiciously though to be fair.

• Advertisement

Run against me in the lynch then

Very aggressive move after your nonsense was pulled apart. Tbh i have no problem racing against a wolf.

You have my vote anyway as im sure you know so it doesnt change anything for me. Are you worried that you got more and are trying to give yourself a 50/50 to survive or give your fellow wolves a place to hide when casting their votes?

Advertisement