Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWX: Hogwarts goes to war

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Uriel. wrote: »
    Mahamageehad and quickbeam all wolfied up?

If we were in a backroom together wouldn't we have that conversation there rather than on thread? :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I think #FFA is a good idea. Not just tonight.

It's a lottery either way as there 16/17 goodies, 3/4 baddies and 1 SK (also baddies) so the odds of taking one of our own out is shortest.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

andy125 wrote: »
    Its nicely disguised as an example but works indirectly at accusing me and steering onto emf??

Emf was mentioned by whom for what, very random

Seer peek quickbeam

I gave two scenarios - one of you being a goodie and one of being a wolf, but somehow it's a indirectly accusing you?

EMF is the first that came to mind that was also accused, and was just used as an example.

As it happens, I don't suspect you (or didn't when I made that post anyway :) ). Or Mahama (I was just looking for clarification from her as to what she meant). As I said, I'm still VERY undecided with no clear runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Maybe a blind vote speaking after lynch is a bad idea. But I am happy and planning to tell you my vote now and do that. I am voting for Mahama this turn.

The reason I said wolves can hide in a FFA is in my post about it, I know it was someone else getting asked about it but that would be by explanation and to me it makes sense.

Maybe a blind vote speaking after lynch is a bad idea. But I am happy and planning to tell you my vote now and do that. I am voting for Mahama this turn.

The reason I said wolves can hide in a FFA is in my post about it, I know it was someone else getting asked about it but that would be by explanation and to me it makes sense.

Wasn't your reasoning just that they can copy the reasons others have given in an FFA? Sure they can do the same in a blind vote too when they need to give a reason. I'm pretty suss of you, mainly coz of how you're so quick to jump on me and stay on me. Happy to get your claws into me, so to speak, to have an easy scapegoat rather than actually evaluating all the other posters. You'll not be my vote for tonight though, I think there's another poster acting much more suss. Also, I'm suss of a few of the normally active posters staying so quiet. I appreciate they may just be working though! :P if they're still quiet tomorrow, they're worth a look.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    I gave two scenarios - one of you being a goodie and one of being a wolf, but somehow it's a indirectly accusing you?

EMF is the first that came to mind that was also accused, and was just used as an example.

As it happens, I don't suspect you (or didn't when I made that post anyway :) ). Or Mahama (I was just looking for clarification from her as to what she meant). As I said, I'm still VERY undecided with no clear runners.
    Haha I knew you were looking for clarification, that'd be a rare thing in my head though. I think I kind of explained what I meant though. It's already 4pm, so that leaves 7 hours till the lynch. Loads of time to make up your mind. I've a prelim vote in but very open minded still at this stage.

Scratch that, I don't actually have a prelim vote in, I can't get to the lunch form. :/ I PM'd WerewolfGM already but can someone else please check if they can get to it or if it's a me problem?

WWGM put a link up soon after 10am munch announcement. Original link didn't work because Google thinks they're phishing for passwords (same happened to me when I modded).

Link in OP works. The one in your original PM won't.

Use the link in opening post. I get denied if I use the link in PM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Scratch that, I don't actually have a prelim vote in, I can't get to the lunch form. :/ I PM'd WerewolfGM already but can someone else please check if they can get to it or if it's a me problem?
    seems to be down.

See above Keith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

In terms of FFA v random vote tbh, nether are perfect really on the first night because a random vote is just that, random, and an FFA is a bunch of people with no information to go on just naming 3 people because they have to. I don't have concrete reasons for one person, let alone 3 at this stage. I've done it before where I had nothing to go on and so picked someone at random which was then held against me later when they declared (genuinely, not in an andy way) as good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Link in OP works. The one in your original PM won't.
    that what i tried too. yes, your link works for me.

Perfect, must have missed that, thanks all!

In terms of FFA v random vote tbh, nether are perfect really on the first night because a random vote is just that, random, and an FFA is a bunch of people with no information to go on just naming 3 people because they have to. I don't have concrete reasons for one person, let alone 3 at this stage. I've done it before where I had nothing to go on and so picked someone at random which was then held against me later when they declared (genuinely, not in an andy way) as good
    That's actually a solid reason for not doing it, I didn't think of that. I thought random accusations would throw a bit of life into some people, didn't consider they'd be used as evidence later. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

gufc21 wrote: »
    Very aggressive move after your nonsense was pulled apart. Tbh i have no problem racing against a wolf.

You have my vote anyway as im sure you know so it doesnt change anything for me. Are you worried that you got more and are trying to give yourself a 50/50 to survive or give your fellow wolves a place to hide when casting their votes?

Got more what???

I'm happy to run against you too, I think we have our race people

That's actually a solid reason for not doing it, I didn't think of that. I thought random accusations would throw a bit of life into some people, didn't consider they'd be used as evidence later. :/

I think there's pluses and minuses it will shake the trees for some people but it also gives an opportunity to the wolves to rattle harry and crew to see their reactions. I think anyone who claims with certainty that x is a wolf because of a/b/c on day 1 or 2 is certainly role hunting, they can be certain because they know they have a role, and they leverage that certainty to accuse others.

Role hunting aside there are some of us here who will just have to randomly pick 3 names and are only picking 3 names because we HAVE to not because we're actually suspicious and that gives us as little information as anything else.

I agree, I am happy to run against gufc and see what we learn from that

Got more what???

I'm happy to run against you too, I think we have our race people

why are you talking about a race?

• Advertisement

As this is more or less a single bad team via good team voting patterns are much more important (informational) then in a 2 bad team game.

As this is more or less a single bad team via good team voting patterns are much more important (informational) then in a 2 bad team game.

So what do you think is the best way to decide on a lynchee?

I agree, I am happy to run against gufc and see what we learn from that

Actually I think a race is least useful of all the options we have to decide on a lynch. Why are you so keen on it?

So what do you think is the best way to decide on a lynchee?

Anyway then scattergun approach tbh, what good will looking back at day 1 votes and seeing say 20 people having voted 10 others say. Also in hidden voting always a risk killing a roled player

Actually I think a race is least useful of all the options we have to decide on a lynch. Why are you so keen on it?

Because gufc is a wolf clearly

But I don't want to vote for Andy OR Gufc :(

I think anyone who claims with certainty that x is a wolf because of a/b/c on day 1 or 2 is certainly role hunting, they can be certain because they know they have a role, and they leverage that certainty to accuse others.

I tend to agree!

^^

:confused:

But I don't want to vote for Andy OR Gufc :(

Make a case for someone else so we can always throw a third in the race if needs be.

That or man up and lynch one QB :P (jokes)

I had a read through you posts though and (maybe I missed it tbf) but I can't see where you made it clear why he's a wolf? It's a team game andy, help the rest of us understand your reasoning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭Guffy

He realises he has drawn a couple of votes and on day 1 it only takes a couple to kill you. He's creating a situation where 3 of his 4 (assuming the 4th turned) can vote in the same way increasing his odds of survival. He's also hoping to force people to choose between the two and hoping they land on me.

Andy i was suspect of you before the race suggestion hadn't voted for you, now i can't see anything else other than your a wolf who thinks their back is against the wall. Your reasoning for me being a wolf is weak at best. All this race needs now is for you to do your role claim thing an hour or 2 before the lynch. It wouldn't feel like a proper game without an andy role claim, would it?

Advertisement