Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage heater cost

Options
  • 19-03-2017 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

So I have two storage heaters in the sitting room. One we never use because its hidden behind the couch so always forget its there. Well the other half put it on when I was away yesterday morning and had it on full heat for 30+ hours only just discovered it was on today when I was sweltering in the heat.
    I'm panicked now about how much this is going to cost on the bill. Whatever about the storage heater part but the full heat was on I'm fuming because its a terrible waste of money and heat.

Without detail, assume it is not a night rate heater and is 3KW, that the stat limit was not reached and that your unit cost is 0.16e.
    Hence, the worst case scenario would be e14.40.

All above worst cases, but your partner still deserves a beating and 7day shunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Not sure of the storage heater details, I'm not very savvy in that area. Just trying to get an estimate as I remember reading before they can cost up to 5euro and hour
    Well, that's the worst case total cost for 30hrs that I have calculated.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Candlewick

Storage heaters were always thought to be expensive to run.

Advertisement