Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Frontiers - Phase One Interview

Options
  • 19-03-2017 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I recently was selected for interview after applying for the New Frontiers program.

I was wondering has anybody here done this before and could offer some advice?

Thanks,
    OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Hi,

I recently was selected for interview after applying for the New Frontiers program.

I was wondering has anybody here done this before and could offer some advice?

Thanks,
    OP

Search function throws up this

Get in touch with this person and they might help !

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057622332

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I have my interview on Friday. :)

I don't think there's a declared format to the interview. You don't bring anything to it in terms of documents or media. I guess you should have your elevator pitch polished.

If you have a business plan along the lines of the template the LEO offer, then I'd suggest you be able to answer questions on all the headings found in it, such as USPs, SWOT analysis etc.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Is the interview for phase one or two? I did both phases but phase one consisted of just an application form as far as I can remember. Big thing is that your business has export potential and that it will create jobs in the locality of the where the programme is being carried out. Know your unique selling points and value proposition (they love their buzz words...). Also make sure to say that you carried out some market research which showed really positive results.

Know your target market and your competitors and give the judges an estimate (doesn't have to be an exact figure) of how big the market opportunity is i.e. it is estimated that the bathroom accessories market is worth $230 million annually in the US alone.

One other thing that they love to hear is that you are dealing with an accountant whom you hope to get onboard as an advisor in the future. Also mention your background and how that will help you to run/progress the business.

Phase one isn't too competitive so you aren't expected to know the ins and outs of your idea by any means but knowing the above will strengthen your case. If you get an interview for phase two then send me a pm!

Best of luck!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

This round of interviews are for Phase One, only.

I spoke to someone yesterday who did Phase One but didn't make it to Phase Two. As said, export potential, job potential and also innovation are key.

Know your buzzwords, indeed!

Advertisement