Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No idea how to report - Eir pole junction box blown down by storms

Options
  • 19-03-2017 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭

During the recent storms, my broadband sync speeds are taking a bashing - upon passing one of the downstream phone line poles from the house I noticed one of the junction boxes has had its cap blown right off. Took a photo and attached.

How should this be reported?
    412281.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi KeRbDoG,

Thank you for getting in touch.

You can report this to our faults team on 1890 260 260 or freephone 1901 option 2, option 1 to get this issue resolved.

Thanks,
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Option 2 and then 1 is for issues with a bill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi KeRbDog,

Apologies about that it is option 2 option 2.

Thanks,
    Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Seems I needed to call "RSC"/Repairs Team on 01-701-1141 for pole/plant issues :) hopefully they can resolve it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭BlinkingLights

You need to make it much easier for members of the public who aren't necessarily your customers to report faults to openEir

Like stick up a phone number on cabinets.

I walked past an OpenEir cabinet that was flapping open in the wind and i tried 1901 and couldn't manage to report anything.
    It could have left you with damaged equipment and hundreds of disrupted customers all because you're not making it very easy to contact you about obviously damaged plant.

OpenEir needs a public "report damaged plant" line that's nothing to do with Eir retail faults.

• Advertisement

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Seems I needed to call "RSC"/Repairs Team on 01-701-1141 for pole/plant issues :) hopefully they can resolve it
    No Worries, Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
    Anna.

You need to make it much easier for members of the public who aren't necessarily your customers to report faults to openEir

Like stick up a phone number on cabinets.

I walked past an OpenEir cabinet that was flapping open in the wind and i tried 1901 and couldn't manage to report anything.
    It could have left you with damaged equipment and hundreds of disrupted customers all because you're not making it very easy to contact you about obviously damaged plant.

OpenEir needs a public "report damaged plant" line that's nothing to do with Eir retail faults.
    Hi BlinkingLights,

Thanks for getting in touch and for your feedback.

We will pass this on to the relative department.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement