Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 14 | The Other Side [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,367 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Dwight still has Daryl's crossbow so reckon the silhouetted figure is him.

But yeah, ****e episode. Knot-tying...no thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Brego888 wrote: »
    Who the hell gave this s###e an 8 out of 10

412382.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Watching tonights ep makes me think more and more of how underused maggie has been this season..that conversation with daryl was a long time coming. It's like we've barely seen her since glenn.

That said, there are numerous characters to cover, scattered all over the place. I hope the finale is a nice wrap up of everything we've watched over the past six months.

Rick, michonne, Aaron and alexandria.

Negan, dwight, Eugene and the saviors

Jesus, maggie, sasha, gregory, daryl, enid and hilltop

Tara and oceanside (heath return soon?)

Carol, Morgan, ezekiel and the kingdom

Jadis and the garbage group

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    412382.JPG

hacks!!

Also jesus being gay, i was like ok but whats that got to do with anything that is happening =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Worst episode ever for me.

We are at the stage of the season where things should be ramping up but instead we get an incessantly dull load of crap.

The only redeeming thing about it was the screen time for Simon.

Other than that a complete load of tosh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Must have been the beer, but I did feel some suspense watching it. Don't know what was going on with the veggie / vegetable / ew creepy guy. Maggie is turning into our next lord and saviour. The hilltop boss is going to get his ass handed to him, after threatening Jesus. Thought Jesus was going to kill him right there actually. I reckon the boss will be killed, and Simon's note with the address will be found.

Still annoyed by the thelma and louise style dash to kill Neegan. They seem completely oblivious to anything bar their own need for revenge.

I do think it's Dwight we saw at the end. He seemed to be swaying zombie like actually? I wonder did he find a zombie in a black cocktail dress, sent him over the edge?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

I have always tried to stand up for this show, but I am really losing interest in it now.  It's been going downhill and continues to do so.  I think they should wrap things up in season 8.

As mentioned on the thread, this should be the point in the series where things are getting heated and the action starts.  Instead we have a knot tying lesson like something from Blue Peter.  They had a great plan to assassinate Negan, but no, they decide to give up watching to take their opportunity when presented, to have some chit chat like teenage girls at a slumber party!  Abraham must have been a divil in the sack, as Sasha didn't mourn for Bob that much!? :-)

As there are about two (?) episodes left in the season, no doubt it will go towards the tried and tested formula of leaving it on a cliff hanger just as the Allied Forces of Zombie land are about to attack the Saviours.

Only positive of this episode was the screen time for Simon (Steven Ogg plays a great bad guy) and his interaction with Gregory (Xander Berkeley also plays the pr**k very well).

The show have said they won't leave it on a cliffhanger this season

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    The show have said they won't leave it on a cliffhanger this season
    Interesting... didn't know that.  Will see how it plays out so!

CPSW wrote: »
    Interesting... didn't know that.  Will see how it plays out so!
    "I just think it's everything, it is everything and the kitchen sink.

"It is exciting and it's very emotional and I believe it's funny in a couple parts, and it builds and builds and builds and it explodes.

"And though it promises more – because there is a whole lot to get to – there is an ending."

I just hope there aen't too may story threads to cover at this stage (2 left)..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Collie D wrote: »
    Dwight still has Daryl's crossbow so reckon the silhouetted figure is him.

But yeah, ****e episode. Knot-tying...no thanks

Yeah and Rosita looks very like his now ex-wife so I have a feeling he wont kill her but instead help her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Lone Stone wrote: »
    hacks!!

Also jesus being gay, i was like ok but whats that got to do with anything that is happening =/
    well we know the leader of the hilltop isn't his father

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

https://youtu.be/hsaLDnl_fEs

Steven Ogg would have been a much better Negan.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Ongo Goblogian

The reason for "Plan B suicide mission" was because Eugene gave the order to sweep all the surrounding buildings for walkers. Their cover was essentially blown. The reasonable among us would maybe choose to withdraw for a day or two and return knowing that the Plan A (Boooom Headshot!) was a good one.

But alas this is the walking dead and real world sensibility and physics don't apply.

Jesus maybe thought Maggie was hitting on him and did not want to be lumbered with Glenn's rugrat, so blurted out the gay thing. "Close call, but I dodged that bullet" he thought to himself. There is already gay and lesbian characters on the show so Jesus's revelation was just a bit random and not really adding any new diversity. Maybe they should have made him as Zhesus for the neutrals in the audience.

All in though, Negan would have been killed 100 times over in reality if he done half the shizzle he is supposed to have done. So many people have had so many opportunity's he should be long gone. 9mm vs wooden bat, bat would lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Don't get the love for Simon at all. He just seems like a mini-Negan to me, with less of the mannerisms but still not being able to have a conversation without exaggerated facial expressions or accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Don't get the love for Simon at all. He just seems like a mini-Negan to me, with less of the mannerisms but still not being able to have a conversation without exaggerated facial expressions or accent.

"People say I have an expressive face."

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

What happened at end? DVR stopped at 59 mins .. last I saw was Rosita running away... What did Dwight or Daryl do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

sabhail wrote: »
    What happened at end? DVR stopped at 59 mins .. last I saw was Rosita running away... What did Dwight or Daryl do?

Literally just stood there! Rosita looked up, saw a shadowed figure. We were meant to think it was Daryll as the previous scene Daryl "subtly" (cough) was seen with his crossbow gear and the shadowed figure seemed to have same thing. But it is clearly Dwight for the "shock :rolleyes: factor" .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I liked Simon's scene's with Gregory. Two good actors who suit their roles very well. Good chemistry between them also and some great lines from Simon!

Once again though, they are gradually ruining Maggie's character. This "You are the future of a village you have only stepped into because you are having a baby and you stood up to Gregory once or twice" has been hastily put together

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Taken as an individual episode it wasn't actually that bad but in the context of the series as a whole it doesn't work. Whatever the timeline in the show it's the real life timing that matters to me as a viewer.

350 days ago Negan swung his bat and we were left with no emotional payoff, the infamous cliffhanger ending to S6.
    147 days ago we finally see the deaths of Glen and Abraham.
    Last night we're shown characters trying to process their grief and dealing with the emotional fallout of the deaths. But it's been 5 months for us as viewers, why exactly am I meant to empathise with these characters ? At one point I was actually hoping Sasha & Rosita would both die so I don't ever have to look at their sullen stroppy faces again. The stupidity of the whole revenge suicide quest thing is beyond belief to me.

The positives were harder to find, but Simon is definitely one. He's a great character, and I find him infinitely more menacing than Negan. I'm also quite enjoying the Eugene arc, and genuinely don't know if he's flipped or is just playing the role of a saviour.

It's been mentioned a few times on the weekly threads, but I think this season would be better viewed as a binge watch. The pace of watching week to week is a real slog.

• Advertisement

skipper_G wrote: »
    It's been mentioned a few times on the weekly threads, but I think this season would be better viewed as a binge watch. The pace of watching week to week is a real slog.

1lthgj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

watching bates motel it's awesome it's ending this year aswell I recommend checking it out

I love when shows decide to wrap up instead of dragging on and on and on

I still love this show but it needs to end in s8 but of course it wont

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Once again though, they are gradually ruining Maggie's character. This "You are the future of a village you have only stepped into because you are having a baby and you stood up to Gregory once or twice" has been hastily put together

Yeah I never got that either - how did that come about again?? Diana back in S5 decided that Maggie would make a good leader - I must admit I never knew what she was talking about. I never thought Maggie had been written that way. She didn't seem any more authoratative or articulate than anyone else in the group to me. (Except maybe Eugene :D) And then suddenly once she gets to Hilltop she's being touted as their next leader. It did seem a bit cobbled together to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

9mm vs wooden bat, bat would lose!

This bat is magic. It's alive and deflects bullets for its master. Remember when Rosita shot him from 5 feet away? Magic bat.

They say Negan carved it from a slightly larger bat....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I don't think it was that bad. Not exactly worth a rewatch but after seeing some of the comments on here before watching I expected much worse and there have been worse episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Kirby wrote: »
    They say Negan carved it from a slightly larger bat....

You should join the TWD writing team. You're ideas would be intriguing to them, and I'm sure they'd subscribe to your newsletter.
    nc6000 wrote: »
    there have been worse episodes.

I actually think this was the worst there's ever been. I was trying to think of an episode that I cared less about, and I don't think I can. If you missed this episode, I don't think it would matter at all. In fact, you could nearly say that about the whole second half of this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What's the time line again? I'm pretty impressed that all these cars lying around still have functioning batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

ThisRegard wrote: »
    What's the time line again? I'm pretty impressed that all these cars lying around still have functioning batteries.

Never mind the batteries. The fuel should have gone bad long ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

ThisRegard wrote: »

It has roughly been about a year and eight months (20 months) since the outbreak.

Advertisement