Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap ways to top-up PlayStation credit?

Options
  • 19-03-2017 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,741 ✭✭✭✭

I see cards are sold on CDKeys but they appear to be for regions like UK/Europe excluding Ireland, so I take it we can't buy those cards for use on Irish accounts?

http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/psn-cards

Is there anywhere particularly good for getting discounted store credit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

You could just set up an american or canadian PSN account? Then buy PSN credit for them online.

Have a canadian account myself

• Registered Users Posts: 13,741 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

EoinHef wrote: »
    You could just set up an american or canadian PSN account? Then buy PSN credit for them online.

Have a canadian account myself

Hmm I did something like that on the Xbox alright, and it meant that the games were playable on the main Irish account as well.

Does that work for PS4 as well (games shared across accounts) ?

If you are topping up your phone each month and not using the credit theres options there too.

If you are topping up your phone each month and not using the credit theres options there too.

Nope, on pre-pay so just buy credit sporadically odd times each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

mrcheez wrote: »
    Hmm I did something like that on the Xbox alright, and it meant that the games were playable on the main Irish account as well.

Does that work for PS4 as well (games shared across accounts) ?

You should be able to play the games on your main account I have a few games I bought with an American account and I can play them through my main Irish account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Yup just set your console as the primary for the new account,amd make sure you buy any dlc from the same regional store as the game. So buy say BF1 from US store,you need to make sure to get dlc for it from the US store.

Can be played on your irish account then.

EDIT: If you do go this route the place where most buy the credit online is a site called PCgamesupply.com. They sell loads of pre paid cards.

Found this site that compares prices for a game across all PSN regions

http://psn4.com/search/doom

Handy, can save a whopping €2 buying from Turkish store ;)

mrcheez wrote: »
    I see cards are sold on CDKeys but they appear to be for regions like UK/Europe excluding Ireland, so I take it we can't buy those cards for use on Irish accounts?

http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/psn-cards

Is there anywhere particularly good for getting discounted store credit?

Can anyone confirm the highlighted part please?

Another query to add to the above one....

If I sign up for a Turkish or Russian account how do I pay to avoid getting hit with the exchange rate?
    Should I add my Revolut card to payment methods, or connect it to my Paypal acc (and use Revolut as the funding source) ?

Advertisement