Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction or Technology or Engineering for LC

Options
  • 20-03-2017 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm currently doing Transition Year at school and I have to choose what subjects I want to do this Wednesday. I got an A both in woodwork and technology in my JC and I'm intending on only doing one of these subjects. Any suggestions to which I should do and which are easier?

I got an A in woodwork for the junior cert. I did the tech graph question. I'm wondering how much more sophisticated has the project got to be and how much more do I have to include in the portfolio. Also most importantly, how much harder does the theory side of the subject get?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

The theory side of Engineering which is worth 50% is incredibly easy.
    The practical side requires you to be precise and creative ( when it comes to the project)
    Ask the engineering teacher to show you past projects.
    You'll notice that the standard varies massively.

For the 2016 LC project you had to have suspension for the wheels.
    It varied from people attaching springs to what was a rigid axle to one person making shock absorbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AKAY 47

I decided to technology as one of options and now it's a choice between engineering and construction studies. Would you say engineering is easier than construction studies? I borrowed textbooks from these subjects and engineering looks way more confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Unless you've an experienced teacher with highly comdensed notes for Engineering ,Construction Studies would be easier theory wise in my opinion. You might even be able to answer parts of the questions on the exam papers now.

My notes were so good that I've never even seen an engineering textbook but I still got an A1 in engineering.

Advertisement