Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

194 to 202, Clonliffe Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 3

Options
  • 20-03-2017 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

I see that planning permission for demolition of 194 to 202 Clonliffe Road and building of approx. 150 no. student apartments was refused on 9th of March, Planning Application Reference: 2049/17

I had a visual look earlier today and four of the five dwellings seem to be structurally sound, partial to no roof in 3 properties and 1 which its roof seemed to be okay.

Refusal was for the following:

1. It is considered, on the basis of the documentation submitted with the application, that the proposed development, which involves the demolition of a Protected Structure, has not been adequately justified in conservation terms, and that it has not been established, to the satisfaction of the planning authority, that exceptional circumstances exist to permit such demolition, having regard to the provisions of Section 57 (10)(b) of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended. The proposed development would, therefore, be contrary to the Architectural Heritage Protection Guidelines and to the proper planning and sustainable development of the area.
    2. By reason of its bulk, height and design, and by reason of its location relative to nearby residential properties, in particular number 192 Clonliffe Road, it is considered that the proposed development would seriously injure the residential amenities of adjoining property. The proposed development would, therefore, be contrary to the proper planning and sustainable development of the area.

It was only two weeks ago when I came across the planning application. The application also only came with approx. 9 car spaces, and the apartments were four storeys high. I have not seen any structural engineer's report within the planning application documents to confirm that the buildings are structurally unsound.

Any thoughts on this one.

Comments

Advertisement