Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justine McCarthy's Article

Options
  • 20-03-2017 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Very moving article by Justine McCarthy on Sunday Times today, about a personal story. Gives an insight into what way things were in Ireland in the past.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,561 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

From an anthropological perspective i do wonder is this a part of human development.
    There are so, so many examples of how societies so poorly treat single mothers and children of the "lower classes", it seems every country is hiding some such shame in their history.

It's hard to read much of what is being written but I believe it's essential that as many as possible do educate themselves on the details, it's only by knowing our past do we truly know ourselves and it should shape how we approach the future and those who are vulnerable around us.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Is there any way around the paywall to read this?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Rhinohippo

I actually heard about the article on television and read the article online. I had to give my email address but got to read the article then.

Advertisement