Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

International Weekends, do you find them dull?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I think it is great weekend of sport.

Tomorrow-

Mayo v Dublin (ladies football)]

:rolleyes: it's great that women participate in sport but there's a reason that they don't command the attendances and viewing figures that men's sports do. They're not as good at sport as men. You can't expect punters to pony up for a second rate product.
    Dublin v Roscommon 7pm - Can the Dubs go 35 games unbeaten in league and championship and create history?

who cares? For the dubs (like me) it's bogball and for the other 31 counties they must be used to defeat by now
    Sunday -
    Dublin v Kilkenny (hurling) - Parnell Park hurling the Dubs battling to avoid relegation against the cats

As if.
    For the likes of myself who does not support a League of Ireland team, and does not pretend to follow an English Premier League team and call them 'we' - international matches allow me to shout for a team that I can support and get involved in.

Isn't it a great way to give oneself the aura of superiority over other people.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

irishman86 wrote: »
    Like the McGregor fans who have never watched MMA before he became good, all of a sudden they are experts :pac:
    Saying that do Ireland really have fair weather soccer fans outside of the championships?
    Genuine question, I never noticed

Look at the attendance figures for last night's match and the Georgia game last October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I think it is great weekend of sport.

Tomorrow-

Mayo v Dublin (ladies football)]

:rolleyes: it's great that women participate in sport but there's a reason that they don't command the attendances and viewing figures that men's sports do. They're not as good at sport as men. You can't expect punters to pony up for a second rate product.
    Dublin v Roscommon 7pm - Can the Dubs go 35 games unbeaten in league and championship and create history?

who cares? For the dubs (like me) it's bogball and for the other 31 counties they must be used to defeat by now
    Sunday -
    Dublin v Kilkenny (hurling) - Parnell Park hurling the Dubs battling to avoid relegation against the cats

As if.
    For the likes of myself who does not support a League of Ireland team, and does not pretend to follow an English Premier League team and call them 'we' - international matches allow me to shout for a team that I can support and get involved in.

Isn't it a great way to give oneself the aura of superiority over other people.

You'd think he'd be too busy pretending to follow Dublin hurling these last couple of years to have the time to worry about the random interests of other people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Look at the attendance figures for last night's match and the Georgia game last October.

Im not sure that makes them plastic fans though. For example to get from cork/galway/sligo etc if you were going to do it, wouldnt it be for a game against Wales :confused: My nephew went to his first game yesterday with his school for example from Tipperary. My idea of plastic fans would be the lads at the euros and McGregor fights.
    Mind you to each there own, its not really doing anyone any harm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Zebra3 wrote: »

Just under 40k I think at Ireland v Georgia. That's a good crowd in anyone's book. Mate was at West Brom v Arsenal last weekend and said there were loads of empty seats at a game between a side having their best season in Premier League and a supposed trophy contender.

I reckon if you compare attendances at Irish home games with internationals across Europe we will regularly feature in top five.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I watch international football if I have nothing else on but my interest in it has dropped significantly over the last few years. I see it as the poor cousin of club football nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Watching NI and Scotland games.now.

Really enjoy watching the "home" nations.

Usually for passion and endeavour rather than skill I admit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

incredibly dull - the game on friday was awful - Coleman injury and average football - not sure why I have lost my interest in international football - think it goes back to Saipan , really struggle to get excited - the Irish rugby team I find far more exciting to watch. of course I want Ireland to do well, but its been a long time since we have had quality team - back to Saipan again - for the average players available MON does good , but the football is a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Well, the Football Gods have a month of fixtures to make up for this week in fairness!

C7wFKddWsAA9w3g.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement