Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LM002 - New Arts Degree in UL

• 20-03-2017 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, so I sat my leaving certificate last year and got my first offer in college but I realised I absolutely didn't want to be doing that so I left before christmas. Now I want to go back and really like the look of UL, I want to do English and New Media which is part of the new arts degree they are starting this year. I didn't really pay much attention in my leaving cert and got 350 points (349 under the new system). Am I completely delusional to think I will get into the course, I read that there are about 700 places, and if I had applied last year to English and New Media I would have got in as points were 335 but I understand this is irrelevant under the new program. Also my second option is Arts in Mary I, does anyone think it would be possible to transfer from Arts Mary I to Arts UL?
    Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Apply anyway ( I presume you have). Points can go up and down for courses as you know depending on supply and demand. However for large courses like Arts, Business etc where there are hundreds of places there tends to be less fluctuation than you see in courses where there are only 15 places.

Colleges do allow internal transfers, but it's entirely at their discretion. They might insist that you have the points for the other course before completing the transfer.

Advertisement