Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows7 desktop skype

Options
  • 20-03-2017 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hi, While using the search facility I accidentally clicked the skype program. The program is now on my Task bar and I cannot close it down. When I try another notice comes up saying it will keep running. I never use skype. would appreciate anyone with quick answer on how to stop it running. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Should be a hidden tray icon, by the clock. Rightclick that for a menu. Check autostarts by running msconfig. Uninstall if no other users if any, need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you don't want to uninstall it, you can stop it running automatically after every reboot by doing the following....

Open Skype, click on Tools and Options. Untick the option 'Start Skype when I start Windows'.

To close it down, right click the Skype icon on the taskbar and select 'Quit Skype'.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

Sorted. many thanks. saved me so much time. It is appreciated.

Advertisement