Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to Eir

Options
  • 20-03-2017 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭

If I switch from Virgin to Eir, do you take care of the switching process or do I have to cancel current account and then sign upto Eir?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Wheety,

Thanks for getting in touch.

When moving from a different provider you will need to give your UAN. When this has been given and your services go active with eir your services with previous provider should cancel down.

However, we would always advise our customers to check with the previous provider when services go active with eir to ensure the services have been cancelled down correctly.

We are only able to cancel down your landline and broadband during this process however we would be unable to cancel down any previous TV packages with another provider.

Thanks,
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Strelica

Hi i swiched from virgin. My eir is up and running, the trouble is my virgin is still running. So now i have two wifi in my house. When i called virgin they say my acc is still open, and when i call eir they say is imposible to have to providers. So what should i do now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Strelica,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you have moved providers and have given your UAN correctly, your services should automatically cease down with your previous provider.

Unfortunately, we would be unable to check what happened with the other provider and I would recommend contacting them.

If you would like me to look into this on our side, can please you PM me you account number and full name and I would be more than happy to assist you with this?

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement