Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bricks & mortar shop in/around Dublin?

Options
  • 20-03-2017 11:51am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Sorry if this question is asked a lot but where's a good bricks and mortar shop for PC building in Dublin?

My brother is looking to put something together and it would be good to go in somewhere and have a look at what's available (and get some pointers from experts).

I'd only know of the likes of Maplins - and I'm guessing they're not particularly good in terms of selection, price or advice.

I'd imagine we'll still end up doing a lot of the buying online but just trying to get as much information as possible before he pulls the trigger.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Inviere

Elara would be first to come to mind, in Parkwest.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Thanks - didn't realise they had an actual shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

flogen wrote: »

From their website: ** No Walk-in Sales

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

https://www.maxburns.ie

They may not have everything in stock but helped me out when I needed a SATA power splitter in a hurry. Give them a buzz before showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Inviere

As above, you have to order online but you can physically collect

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

eamonnq wrote: »
    From their website: ** No Walk-in Sales

Ah...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hey folks,

Sorry if this question is asked a lot but where's a good bricks and mortar shop for PC building in Dublin?

My brother is looking to put something together and it would be good to go in somewhere and have a look at what's available (and get some pointers from experts).

I'd only know of the likes of Maplins - and I'm guessing they're not particularly good in terms of selection, price or advice.

I'd imagine we'll still end up doing a lot of the buying online but just trying to get as much information as possible before he pulls the trigger.

Thanks in advance!
    Just ask us regulars, we probably know more than floor staff since we're all enthusiasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Just ask us regulars, we probably know more than floor staff since we're all enthusiasts.

Having asked lots of questions of various electronics stores employees over the years: Yup, that's true.

Advertisement