If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker Setup For A Portable Turntable

Options
  • 20-03-2017 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for advice on some speakers for a portable turntable for a friend of mine. She has a Crosley Cruiser turntable like this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/Crosley-CR8005A-TU-Portable-Turntable-Turquoise/dp/B00990Z4W6

I had a listen to it over the weekend and the speakers are just terrible, the sound is truly awful from it. So basically I’m looking to see what her options are as to a fairly cheap set of active speakers with built in amp or even a mini hifi with phono inputs included. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Snipped by Moderator

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Hendrickp

endacl wrote: »
    Snipped by Mod
    I agree. Its terrible, but I said id ask the guys from Richer Sounds first to see if there's anything that can help before I tell her to sell it. If there's anyone that can make that piece of junk sound even a bit better its the guys on here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi endacl,

Queries here are for Richersounds to answer, opinion etc from Boardies is not appropriate or welcome here save in exceptional circumstances. Please read the Charter before posting in this forum, if you have any queries about Charter feel free to PM me for clarification.

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hendrickp,

apologies we missed your post!

Ok, so TBH we are starting from a fairly low base but on the positive side anything we add will only enhance the audio quality and may also give your friend the base for starting to build a better system and in time they can upgrade the turntable.

If it was me I would add a small pair of active speakers, the Crossley has audio outputs which is great - I would add the compact Tibo Plus 2 speakers which would make a huge improvement to the audio quality - it would also allow your friend to use the system to stream their music via Bluetooth and if they wanted to, they could even connect their TV to enhance the TV sound via the optical inputs!

Hope that give you a starting point but as ever drop us a line if you have any thoughts and sorry again for the delay getting back to you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Hendrickp

Hendrickp,

Ok, so TBH we are starting from a fairly low base but on the positive side anything we add will only enhance the audio quality and may also give your friend the base for starting to build a better system and in time they can upgrade the turntable.

If it was me I would add a small pair of active speakers, the Crossley has audio outputs which is great - I would add the compact Tibo Plus 2 speakers which would make a huge improvement to the audio quality - it would also allow your friend to use the system to stream their music via Bluetooth and if they wanted to, they could even connect their TV to enhance the TV sound via the optical inputs!

Hope that give you a starting point but as ever drop us a line if you have any thoughts and sorry again for the delay getting back to you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Thanks so much for the feedback. I'll send her on the link to those speakers and let you know if she's interested. I have a feeling they might be out of her price range though as that Crosley only cost her about €50 and by buying it she proved she's not exactly an audiophile.....  :)
    regards

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hendrickp wrote: »
    Hendrickp,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Thanks so much for the feedback. I'll send her on the link to those speakers and let you know if she's interested. I have a feeling they might be out of her price range though as that Crosley only cost her about €50 and by buying it she proved she's not exactly an audiophile.....  :)
    regards
    No problem, keep us posted.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.