Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anomaly scan waiting list Mayo 2017

Options
  • 20-03-2017 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey there,
    Just wondering if anyone has ever been placed on a waiting list for the 20 weeks scan and never received it?
    I'm currently 20 weeks and have heard nothing about it. Can't find any answers either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Call them and ask what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lisaleesah

January wrote: »
    Call them and ask what's going on.

I've called multiple numbers, and even made a complaint. They say I'm
    On a waiting list and will receive a call, spoke to another lady in the outpatient clinic in Ballina who said she never heard of women receiving a call that they usually receive a letter. I feel like I'm getting the run around from everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

lisaleesah wrote: »
    I've called multiple numbers, and even made a complaint. They say I'm
    On a waiting list and will receive a call, spoke to another lady in the outpatient clinic in Ballina who said she never heard of women receiving a call that they usually receive a letter. I feel like I'm getting the run around from everyone.

Ask you GP's secretary to make the call for you. She's probably on first name terms with the relevant staff in MUH.

Is there a patient advocacy service in the hospital you are attending? Get on to them and make a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

You would want to get onto it soon or cut your losses and book a private one as they can't be done after a certain number of weeks as baby is too big to see everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

You would want to get onto it soon or cut your losses and book a private one as they can't be done after a certain number of weeks as baby is too big to see everything.

Really? So are any suggestions subsequent scans less thorough? How do they pick up on problems in subsequent ones?

It's possible that anomalies are missed if scans are performed further into pregnancy. It's not always the case but can sometimes happen. As baby gets bigger there's less room inside and the ultrasound won't pick up everything. I had a late (around 34 weeks) scan due to my oldest child having a CHD and was told that it's a possibility they could miss something because I was so far into the pregnancy and that he'd be screened when he was born also.

Advertisement