Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Amp Speakers

Options
  • 20-03-2017 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

I am Currently looking at getting a new set of bookshelf speakers

I am looking at the following setup, I know audio is subjective but still would like to get your opinions on the setup before I bite the bullet,

I was looking at getting the Q Acoustics 3020 and paring them with an NAD D 3020 Amp.

I like punchy aggressive sound, I use Sennheiser HD 25s for my portable listening and the sound signature on these is pretty close to ideal for me .

I have a JDS Labs C5D modified so I can use it as a standalone DAC that I am using with my current setup, but i understand the NAD has a pretty good DAC in box.

In terms of sound I have never heard the Q Acoustics but in reviews they are quoted as being amazing for the price,

I don't know if it's worth essentially spending twice as much on an AMP than the speakers.

What do you think?

Would I be better evening out the budget (600 there or there about is a good figure) or would you have alternate suggestions in this price range for either.

Also most of my music is going to be digital (Spotify or a few ripped cd's on my phone or laptop)

Thanks

Darren
    Tagged:

Advertisement