Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quarq PM Issues

Options
  • 20-03-2017 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Anyone here a Quarq expert? Light will come on will calibrate with Garmin, just reads 0w all the time. New battery & all firmware up to date

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

New install?

You need to have the cadence sensor (or speed sensor) linked to the Garmin to trigger it to start. Do you have one or both installed and have you checked the Garmin settings to match the bike set up for them?

(It's a while since I set one up from scratch so it is a little hazy!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Beasty wrote: »
    New install?

You need to have the cadence sensor (or speed sensor) linked to the Garmin to trigger it to start. Do you have one or both installed and have you checked the Garmin settings to match the bike set up for them?

(It's a while since I set one up from scratch so it is a little hazy!)

Is on the bike 5months now & this just started on Friday. Nothing else has changed with the set up. I don't have any additional speed or cadence sensors.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

LCD wrote: »
    Is on the bike 5months now & this just started on Friday. Nothing else has changed with the set up. I don't have any additional speed or cadence sensors.
    Do you have the magnet that comes with it still attached next to the BB? It's possible for that to come off (and attach itself to the chainring)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

The newer firmware removes the need for the magnet.

Download the quarq Qualvin app, the older one not the newer which is Bluetooth. You can then fault check.

I have not seen that many problems with quarq's, nearly all the problems I have seen have been due to garmin pairing errors. Have you cleared the device from the garmin and tried to re-pair. Or tried it with another garmin.

Advertisement