Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Drummer & Bass Player : Dublin Area

Options
  • 20-03-2017 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Keyboardist/synth player looking to start a band of the funk, jazz-fusion variety. I'm located in Skerries but willing to travel into the city for rehearsals if necessary.

A few influences for me would be Kamasi Washington, Snarky Puppy, Yussef Kamaal, Dego, Kaidi Tatham, Thundercat, BadBadNotGood, etc. So in terms of fusion I'm open to exploring funk, jazz, electronic, hip-hop.

I'm not adverse to other musicians getting in touch but thought bass and drums with my keyboards would be a good starting point. Would love to hear from anyone looking to get something of this style going in Dublin though.

I'm 36 years old, but happy to play with musicians of any age. I wouldn't say I'm a "jazz keyboard player" exactly, but always trying to develop and challenge myself.

I'd be interested in writing new music mainly but could try a few covers too and make them our own.

Here are a couple of tracks my last band recorded a couple of years ago. Not looking for more of the same exactly but might give a rough idea.

[HTML]<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:artist:4uVzmnK4wgHzRKEpaOGQcQ&quot; width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>[/HTML]

[URL]spotify:artist:4uVzmnK4wgHzRKEpaOGQcQ[/URL]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭laurie88

ziondave wrote: »
    I'm located in Skerries but willing to travel into the city for rehearsals if necessary.

A few influences for me would be Kamasi Washington, Snarky Puppy, Yussef Kamaal, Dego, Kaidi Tatham, Thundercat, BadBadNotGood, etc. So in terms of fusion I'm open to exploring funk, jazz, electronic, hip-hop.

bass Player in Donabate Interested

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MrWalterWhite

DRUMMER Dublin based into funk/ electronic/progressive.... play acoustic/electronic kit... into playing music to get people moving & grooving.

Advertisement