Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection Issue in a New Build

Options
  • 20-03-2017 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I've recently bought in a new build in Greystones Co. Wicklow. I contacted eir about broadband about 3 weeks ago and you sent a KN engineer out to connect the house to the network. When he came out he said the lines hadn't been brought down to our road, although he knew they were in the estate. So I contacted eir the same day (Friday 10th March) but was told to call back as the notes on the account needed to be updated.

Since then there has been absolutely no progress on getting me set up. I've been told that the process could take 2-3 months to get resolved and that I'd get a forecast date last week. I got a call on Thursday but couldn't take it and asked for a call back. I didn't get one. I rang there this afternoon to be told there was no update again and that I should have an update some time this week. They couldn't tell me why I got the call on Thursday.

I have very little faith at this stage that I'm going to get a forecast date this week, and even less that I'm going to get broadband any time soon. My wife works from home and this is something that we need urgently. I know we aren't the only ones on our road having this issue either.

At this stage it's closing in on a month since I requested broadband and I still have no idea when I'm going to get a forecast date for it, let alone the broadband itself. Is it really normal and acceptable that getting broadband set up on a new build (with active lines already in the estate) can take up to 3 months? And why is the process of getting a forecast date so difficult and drawn out? I understand that is outsourced to KN, but there should be no reason why a forecast date should take this long.

John.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi molloyjh,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

In regards to new estates, unfortunately, there is a lot of work to be done before your services can be installed.

Could you please PM your account number and name and I will look into this?

Thanks,
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi molloyjh,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

In regards to new estates, unfortunately, there is a lot of work to be done before your services can be installed.

Could you please PM your account number and name and I will look into this?

Thanks,
    Anna.
    Hi Anna,

just to follow up on this and the PM I sent, I spoke to eir again yesterday who advised they were waiting on a license from the county council (not sure why they'd need that given that the estate already has lines in) and we were told that the forecast date for that was 24th April. And that there was no guarantee the license would even be sorted by then.

Subsequently I was speaking to someone else on the road who was told that the forecast date was 28th March. It almost seems that every time anyone speaks to eir they get a different story. We really need to get a clear and definitive idea of what is happening and when now.

Thanks,
    John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi John,

I have replied to your PM about this issue.

Thanks,
    Anna.

Advertisement