Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny Forum Beers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Yakuza wrote: »
    First beer (and I use the term loosely) I could think of that began with an M, and thought that "Wrath" was appropriate as you suffer the following day if you drink too much of it.

You should have used Dutch Gold in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

True, DG would probably make you very Vosik. You can Askis anyone, your engine would be under siege if you drank too much. You'd need to monitor yourself very closely through all phases of the encounter.

I'll get my coat....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

A reminder than Miller does still exist, somehow. F**k knows who is buying it or who it is targeted it.

That would be me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

We ever going to get a night out sorted. I've been in the gym training recently.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I would definitely be up for beers sometime, ideally somewhere like Token where we could play a few games and not look totally out of place... :)

Could try book something if there was enough interest, have we any bank holiday weekends left?

Fieldog wrote: »
    I would definitely be up for beers sometime, ideally somewhere like Token where we could play a few games and not look totally out of place... :)

Could try book something if there was enough interest, have we any bank holiday weekends left?

Token would not be an ideal venue, it is very small for what they are doing. The selection of beer is great and the food is cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Actually, Token is a very good idea.

There's always All Hallows Eve. Dress up as Greg the Dreg.

Actually, Token is a very good idea.

There's always All Hallows Eve. Dress up as Greg the Dreg.

That would be a bit of craic, it doesn't have to exclusively be Token, I've no idea of the size of it as I've never been, I just heard it was decent craic and I assume they would allow us a booking as we are a gaming clan...

I think they allow the FGC lads a night there also...

That would be a bit of craic, it doesn't have to exclusively be Token, I've no idea of the size of it as I've never been, I just heard it was decent craic and I assume they would allow us a booking as we are a gaming clan...

I think they allow the FGC lads a night there also...

It is decent craic, just cramped as I mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Right so, let be having it:

Oct 27-30 in token, who is up for it and which day is your preferred (Fri/Sat/Sun)

jonnycivic wrote: »

Oct 27-30 in token, who is up for it and which day is your preferred (Fri/Sat/Sun)

I say Friday or Sunday night, might be easier to get a party reservation than on the Sat. Don't forget that is the bank holiday weekend.

Don't forget that is the bank holiday weekend.

Thats the reason I have selected this date :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

100% out of the question for me anyway. Those dates include my missus birthday :o

100% out of the question for me anyway. Those dates include my missus birthday :o

Your sir are a novice, you can take herself to Dublin for her birthday for a treat/night out and incorporate this into your plans :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Your sir are a novice, you can take herself to Dublin for her birthday for a treat/night out and incorporate this into your plans :P

"wow? You guys play destiny too? How weird!"

She ain't gonna buy that tbh

She ain't gonna buy that tbh

Your the one doing the buying that weekend, not her :P

Doesn't have to be a bank holiday weekend, and of course we would want you there Generic, actually accomodation in Dublin is usually ****e on a bank holiday also price wise...

Any other weekends that would work?

Maybe a Friday as it would probably be cheaper and have 2 days of recovery...

Doesn't have to be a bank holiday weekend, and of course we would want you there Generic, actually accomodation in Dublin is usually ****e on a bank holiday also price wise...

Well between now and the end of the year hotels in dublin are at their busiest and most expensive :P

• Advertisement

The accommodation prices for that effing Rugby match the last time was what made it a total non-runner for me :P

I'm free pretty much all of November or the earlier weekends in October afaik

20/21st of october could be a runner too and give people plenty of time to sort everything out.

I don't have anything on then afaik

Lemme have a look at TicketMaster and see if there's anything good on :pac:

Might as well if we're loading up the horses for the trip to the big schmoke

I don't have anything on then afaik

Lemme have a look at TicketMaster and see if there's anything good on :pac:

Might as well if we're loading up the horses for the trip to the big schmoke

Sure at this stage we should just let you see whats on in dublin and let us know what date suits you :P

Sure at this stage we should just let you see whats on in dublin and let us know what date suits you :P

That was the plan the last time :|

I did not realise there was a change in the plan

That was the plan the last time :|

I did not realise there was a change in the plan

Well you still havent sorted anything out :P So hurry up with the plan :P

Well you still havent sorted anything out :P So hurry up with the plan :P

There was a lot more gigs I was interested in attending last time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

The big smoke isn't a bad idea, but maybe we should book an area somewhere like pmacs? Really nice bar and plenty of beers on offer.

There's also a place called the hideout that is basically a pool hall eith bring your own beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

The one thing about Token is, we'll all be scattered around playing games and not talking to each other.

I like the idea of Token but I think for a meetup it wouldn't be the best bet. We need somewhere kinda quiet, with seats and decent beer - as there'll probably be a lot of us drinking, shouting and picking fights about the current meta.

• Advertisement

The one thing about Token is, we'll all be scattered around playing games and not talking to each other.

I like the idea of Token but I think for a meetup it wouldn't be the best bet. We need somewhere kinda quiet, with seats and decent beer - as there'll probably be a lot of us drinking, shouting and picking fights about the current meta.

Well if thats all thats needed then it doesnt have to be in dublin either :P

Advertisement