Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP's in Waterford City

Options
  • 20-03-2017 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I am just looking for some information in this post.

I am a patient in the Keogh Practice and I am really not satisfied.
    The reception staff are horrible to deal with, and as for the vast majority of GP's, I won't even go there.

I am wondering whether there are any pleasant female doctors in the Waterford City area who would be able to take over my files?

Any feedback would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

DipDab93 wrote: »
    I am just looking for some information in this post.

I am a patient in the Keogh Practice and I am really not satisfied.
    The reception staff are horrible to deal with, and as for the vast majority of GP's, I won't even go there.

I am wondering whether there are any pleasant female doctors in the Waterford City area who would be able to take over my files?

Any feedback would be appreciated

I'm with you with the doctors in Keogh Practice the majority of them have an awful manner. They really do try to look down their nose at you, I never found any of them pleasant to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DipDab93

I'm with you with the doctors in Keogh Practice the majority of them have an awful manner. They really do try to look down their nose at you, I never found any of them pleasant to deal with.

I had to move because my own doctor retired, worst place I could have gone to.
    One day I had an appointment and was there 10 minutes early and the person in before me took about 30 mins, was probably very sick so I didn't mind at all. My problem was that when I was eventually called in it was literally the fastest appointment I had ever had, Guiness World Record should have been notified it was that fast. I came out within 3 minutes, no treatment for my ailments or nothing, all because she was running late.

One woman on reception is just as bad as her sister, the woman on the appointments desk, I asked her when my doctor was free and her response was "I don't have time to be playing guessing games" and then the woman in prescriptions loses your script and treats you like its somehow your fault.
    The reception staff are as narcissistic as the doctors.

Anyhow, rant over.
    All I really want to know is if there is a nice young female doctor around the city who is willing to take me on. I met one in CareDoc last year and for the life of me I cannot remember her name unfortunately. All I know is she worked with doctor Hennigan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

I had to move because my own doctor retired, worst place I could have gone to.
    One day I had an appointment and was there 10 minutes early and the person in before me took about 30 mins, was probably very sick so I didn't mind at all. My problem was that when I was eventually called in it was literally the fastest appointment I had ever had, Guiness World Record should have been notified it was that fast. I came out within 3 minutes, no treatment for my ailments or nothing, all because she was running late.

One woman on reception is just as bad as her sister, the woman on the appointments desk, I asked her when my doctor was free and her response was "I don't have time to be playing guessing games" and then the woman in prescriptions loses your script and treats you like its somehow your fault.
    The reception staff are as narcissistic as the doctors.

Anyhow, rant over.
    All I really want to know is if there is a nice young female doctor around the city who is willing to take me on. I met one in CareDoc last year and for the life of me I cannot remember her name unfortunately. All I know is she worked with doctor Hennigan.

I'm not sure how young your looking for , but Dr Nugent and Dr. Hibba in Rowe Creavin are lovely. I left Dr. Lees practice to go up there.

When I say young I mean around late 20 to mid 40, I find its easier to relate to that age bracket even though the older doctors are probably more experienced.
    All I really care about is that they are pleasant to deal with and don't have their eyes glued to the clock or computer when you're in the room

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Dr. Triona Sliney's my gp and I've been a patient of hers for almost 20 years. I think she's around mid to late 40's. I saw another female gp there last summer, I think she's around 30, she was lovely too.

• Advertisement

When I say young I mean around late 20 to mid 40, I find its easier to relate to that age bracket even though the older doctors are probably more experienced.
    All I really care about is that they are pleasant to deal with and don't have their eyes glued to the clock or computer when you're in the room

The 2 doctors i mentioned are genuinely lovely women and I feel really comfortable with them. I was with Dr. Nugent for most of my pregnancy and i never felt rushed and its the same now.

Best of luck in your search :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Saysay19 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how young your looking for , but Dr Nugent and Dr. Hibba in Rowe Creavin are lovely. I left Dr. Lees practice to go up there.

It's very hard to get an appointment in that practice. They are good apart from that.

Gael23 wrote: »
    It's very hard to get an appointment in that practice. They are good apart from that.

Unfortunatley yes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

My sister goes to Catherine Piggott at Lidl in Ardkeen and really likes her. She would be a little older, maybe early 50s but only her good about her and really easy to get appointments even though she's on her own.

deisemum wrote: »
    Dr. Triona Sliney's my gp and I've been a patient of hers for almost 20 years. I think she's around mid to late 40's. I saw another female gp there last summer, I think she's around 30, she was lovely too.

went to Dr. Slioney before as I was with a male doctor and was having female issues and I didn't find her very nice. who was the female you saw last summer if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

I saw a doctor last summer in care doc and she was lovely I cannot remember her name for the life of me all I know is she works with doctor Hennigan, I looked on the website and I think its doctor O Brien has anyone any experience of her as a gp, I mean referrals etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

Bernadotte O'Leary around the corner from the Keogh practice Is Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

went to Dr. Slioney before as I was with a male doctor and was having female issues and I didn't find her very nice. who was the female you saw last summer if you don't mind me asking?

I cannot remember her name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Saysay19 wrote: »
    Unfortunatley yes :(

Too many medical card holders! If they had to pay for their visit they wouldn't be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I am a patient of Dr Julie Ryan in Waterford Medical Centre (above Supervalu on the Cork Road) and I think she's great. I never feel rushed, she's a great listener and proactive, I've never had to push her into organising scans or referrals or anything like that, she knows what I need and she knows I'm not a spoofer.
    I've never had a problem getting an appointment there.
    Elizabeth on reception is lovely and helpful, can't say the same about all of the receptionists though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Deise_vixen

Before you move surgeries completely, have you tried the Kehoe practice in Ferrybank? The receptionist there is lovely, there's never much of a queue and you can usually get an appointment when you need one. 
    They would have your complete history on file so it might be worth thinking about before transferring.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Captain Peanuts McDrummie

I see Bernadette O'Leary in the surgery on Mayor's Walk. She's fairly pleasant to deal with, the reception staff are friendly and you aren't waiting for ages to get an appointment with her either.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Before you move surgeries completely, have you tried the Kehoe practice in Ferrybank? The receptionist there is lovely, there's never much of a queue and you can usually get an appointment when you need one. 
    They would have your complete history on file so it might be worth thinking about before transferring.....?

Both Deirdre and Geoff Plant both work out of there also, both imo are very good Doctors

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

Amazing. Came here looking for GP recommendations because Keogh pissed me off completely few days ago. They really count on quantity not quality.

Advertisement