Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Docklands 5K 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Certainly did :) thanks for the great support at a vital time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Certainly did :) thanks for the great support at a vital time :D

Oh brilliant. Delighted. Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Great race last night. Really well organised from number pickup right to the end. I really appreciated the efforts of the volunteers to cheer us on, too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,626 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Pl.|Name|YOB|Club/City/Country|Cat.|Subcat.|#|Net|Gross
    1|» John COGHLAN||MSB AC|M|MS|197|(14:30)|14:30
    2|» Kevin MAUNSELL||Clonmel AC|M|M35|803|(14:28)|14:32

:eek: Not sure I've ever seen that situation for first. Wonder did Kevin get to the start late, and wasn't able to get close enough to the front. Unlikely to have made a real difference of course

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Classic example of when a Club organises a race , the result is a quality experience. Well done to all at Crusaders for a superb event last night.

A special thanks to AQuinn for the great support;)

I got to witness your superb Marshalling skills too when that eejit was trying to get across the road. You don't mess with A!:)

I got around in one piece. Bit of a sore Achilles afterwards but seems alright now. Got under my target time too, so I'm happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

RedRunner wrote: »
    Classic example of when a Club organises a race , the result is a quality experience. Well done to all at Crusaders for a superb event last night.

I got to witness your superb Marshalling skills too when that eejit was trying to get across the road. You don't mess with A!:)

I got around in one piece. Bit of a sore Achilles afterwards but seems alright now. Got under my target time too, so I'm happy.

Thanks R and well done. You were flying. Mind the Achilles.

I had 3 shouting at me at the one time. Couldn't believe the bike and the attitude :mad:

I entlisted Gardai assistance on the route back and still got Pedesterian abuse, people are unreal.

Really glad you enjoyed it. Very warm night so well done to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

28064212 wrote: »
    Pl.|Name|YOB|Club/City/Country|Cat.|Subcat.|#|Net|Gross
    1|» John COGHLAN||MSB AC|M|MS|197|(14:30)|14:30
    2|» Kevin MAUNSELL||Clonmel AC|M|M35|803|(14:28)|14:32

:eek: Not sure I've ever seen that situation for first. Wonder did Kevin get to the start late, and wasn't able to get close enough to the front. Unlikely to have made a real difference of course
    I reckon a number of people who were standing under the gantry didn't get a start chip time, and so their start time is the same as the gun time (John Coughlan). Others in and around the gantry (like myself and Kevin Maunsell) did get a start chip time, and the recorded start is a little generous (perhaps by a few seconds), as it certainly didn't take me 5 seconds to cross the start line (1-2 seconds max). A runner who started right beside me had no differential between chip/gun times. So the result is likely a fair reflection of reality (notwithstanding the gun to tape rule, which makes the discussion irrelevant).

Still, I'm taking my 16:02.. :) I've been hard done by a few times, so sometimes you have to take the good results to offset the bad results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I reckon a number of people who were standing under the gantry didn't get a start chip time, and so their start time is the same as the gun time (John Coughlan). Others in and around the gantry (like myself and Kevin Maunsell) did get a start chip time, and the recorded start is a little generous (perhaps by a few seconds), as it certainly didn't take me 5 seconds to cross the start line (1-2 seconds max). A runner who started right beside me had no differential between chip/gun times. So the result is likely a fair reflection of reality (notwithstanding the gun to tape rule, which makes the discussion irrelevant).

Still, I'm taking my 16:02.. :) I've been hard done by a few times, so sometimes you have to take the good results to offset the bad results.

Starter must have spent a good two minutes moving people back from under the gantry (I was in the sub 20 pen). I get you want to run fast, but jesus just move back a foot or two and let us get on with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

There wasn't a mat under the gantry, rather a sensor system a number of metres after the start. I open very much open to correction on that but that may explain the difference.

A fantastic race; well organised from start to finish. Great to see the quality at the sharp end of the race. It looked like a crackin' race for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

I sent 9 people from the office here... first time they did it all by themselves (I wasn't around) nearly brought a tear to the eye ;) oh and the feedback was very positive. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

RedRunner wrote: »

I watched the finish line video earlier. Some poor chap thought he could take on a half fit RR in a sprint finish, and got badly burned :D

Great to see you on the comeback trail. Keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

I watched the finish line video earlier. Some poor chap thought he could take on a half fit RR in a sprint finish, and got badly burned :D

Great to see you on the comeback trail. Keep it up!

Ha ha.. Good man J. Well spotted. I recall this guy coming up on my shoulder near the end. I just wasn't going to let that happen and had to unleash "the kick". I was relieved it was still there. Must look it up now. 😀

Advertisement